Help With Motif 6 And Mpc 2000.

max90

ill o.g.
i recently bought a motif 6, and ive had an mpc 2000 for a few years now, and this is the first time im playing with midi or trying to use 2 machines together in any way.

basically, i would like to play the sounds from the motif 6 on the pads of the mpc 2000. i have connected the midi cables, read both manuals numerous times, but i still get no sounds on the pads. it seems to be easy enough, but im coming up with nothing on the mpc.

bottom line, how do i get the sounds from the motif 6 to the pads on the mpc 2000?

i want to do this because i want to use the motif 6 just for the sounds, and i want to sequence on the mpc 2000.

if anyone has any pointers, i would appreciate it.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Make sure the MPC is set to Drum on the main screen (not Midi), however select channel 1A next to where it says Drum.
make sure the Motif is set up to receive on channel 1.
Down the road you can set up one program on the Motif to receive each midi channel (16 different sounds going at once).
Ez
Dahkter

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
MPC MIDI OUT A>MOTIF MIDI IN

MOTIF MIDI OUT > MPC MIDI IN 1

this way u will be able to conrtroll sounds on your motif and your MPC with the motif keys and the MPC pads

SO when u go to your tracks on your MPC

And U select MIDI 1a device 01 you should hear the motif sounds on your pads and the keyboard. You will have 16 midi channles so on your motif when u go to multi mode

you can select a piano for channel 1
gutiar for channel 2 etc

So when u dial up those channels on the MPC you will hear the correct sound

WHen u keep your program on DRUM you will hear the mpc sounds when u play the pads and the keys on the motif

this thread will explain MIDI channels in more detail

https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8860

clas...

max90

ill o.g.
classic, that is what ive been doing and i just re did it again now while reading your post. im thinking that it must be something to do with the motif 6 since i am not getting signal to the pads. any pointers for the motif 6 part of it?? in the midi section??

also, im just listening through headphones, i dont have monitors, and all i have connecting the motif and the mpc are the midi cables.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
max90 said:
motif 6 part of it?? in the midi section??

also, im just listening through headphones, i dont have monitors, and all i have connecting the motif and the mpc are the midi cables.

Thats the problem think about it, in order to hear sounds from your MOTIF & YOUR MPC and the same time you need a mixer, remember MIDI is just DATA

SO in order to hear both, you have to plug your MOTIF audio cables into a MIXER and your the MPC audio cables into the mixer.

Then u plug your headphones or mointers into that mixer and u can hear the sounds that are triggerd from the MPC and the MOTIF as if they were one machine

class...

max90

ill o.g.
yep, you beat me to it. i was just coming back to tell you no to worry. when i realized that midi isnt audio, i decided to plug my headphones into the motif and play the pads on the mpc, and sure enough, there they are. i knew it had to be something stupid.

i will do what you said with my mixer. thanks for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.

members online