Help with remixing.

Quack

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can anyone help me with remixes? I want to use my beats with an acapella, eg Cee-Lo.
I have Acid 4.0, read the manuel, but I'm still confused. The Beatmapper is not really helping. However, I might be using it wrong.
Help me bring more life to my beats.

One!

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
SoME THiNGS CANT BE READ iN A MANUAL, YoU GoTTA TRUST YoUR EAR.
iVE NEVER USED ACiD, BUT YoU HAVE To BE ABLE To MATCH TEMPo'S AND SoNG STRUCTURES.
YoU CANT REMiX A PARTY JOiNT To oNE oF YoUR MELLoW BEATS.
WHEN i Do REMiXES oR WHEN i ADD PRE RECoRDED VoCALS To oNE of MY BEATS i Do iT iN CAKEWALK (STRESS WHAT UP).
i oPEN UP LiKE A REGULAR SESSiON LoAD THE iNSTRUMENTAL AND SET UP TRACKS LiKE iM GoNNA RECoRD VoCALS THEN iNSERT THE VoCALS AND LiSTEN.
iT TAKES SoME TiME BEFoRE THiNGS CoME ToGETHER THE WAY YoU WANT THEM BUT YoU HAVE To LiSTEN AND TRUST YoUR EAR.

RELEASE;

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
there where threads talking about that same thing a couple of months ago...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
NoW, iF YoU DoNT HAVE ANYTHiNG NiCE To SAY...

RELEASE;

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Go into the track properties and adjust the fuckinnn ah shit i cant remember wat its called but its something like the beat count it to do this i think you also must change your pella to a loop or a 1 shot , it may be something like ie. 512 beats bring it down or up well your playin the pella over your instrumental you will hear it speed up and down as you go along listen and adjust it until its in sync with the beat sometimes the flow changes up a bit so try maybe cutting up the pella after every16 bars and make minor adjustments as needed

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ghetto way i do it is let your beat play... play the full track or instrumental of the song whose acapella you wanna use on your turn table and match the beat up.... once you got them at the same tempo then just notice where the first word of accapella drops in and drop that shit in ... badda bing badda bam

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
ghetto child

HA! LOL! Oh, that's the ghetto way? I've been doin' that shit since day one. Being that I'm a DJ, that was the way that I learned from doing live remixes in the club.
ONE

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
THATS HoW i MATCH THE TEMPoS, i PLAY MY BEAT AND PLAY THE ACAPELLA oN MY TURNTABLE BEFoRE i ACTUALLY RECoRD THE ACAPELLA iNTo MY CoMPUTER.

RELEASE; i LoVE THE GHETTo

Quack

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks fellas. When I get a couple remixes I like I'll post them. I need to comment on more threads so I can enter the Beat This comp.

Thanks again.

One!

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Tap tempo from analogx.com is also hot, you can figure out the tempo of any song by tapping the space bar on your keyboard. Then go into Acid or Reason or whatever and make a beat that's the same tempo...

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Remixes

This is how I do my remixes...everyone's process is different but you just have to play around and mess around. I don't ever read any of those manuals because you can't really teach this type of stuff.

But with me

1. Have the acapella
2. Then find/make my own drums
3. Set the drum tempo so that it matches with the acapella

when this is set...you have won half the battle....what's next is that you just add the instruments and the melodies so that it will match the drums....and then the basslines and then EQ all that stuff...you know the deal.

Oh, and for all the remixes I've done I have never heard the original version...because that will fuck me up.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
1. I Pick a Artist i wanna Remix

2. I gather all the instruments (sounds) that sound good with artist.. ya know shit that come from they camp Ex: g-unit, Shady = Grimey sounding instruments

3. Listen to the acapella and just play along with it

i dont even try to find the tempo.. i turn the metronome off and just go with the artist

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i use acid 04 too and what i have to say is, forget that Beatmapper shi*, go to your accapellas track properties , change it to a one shot. Then do it "ghetto style". Your ear is your best weapon.

Oh ... it also helps if you know the acapellas' exact BPM.

-JG-

ill o.g.
Here my method of remixing. Find the original song with the acapella you want, go here http://javascript.internet.com/calculators/beat-counter.html and click to every snare hit about 100 of them. Then double that number for the bpm. It usually comes out pretty close. Then I figure out the song structure (hook,verse,etc) then I line the acapella up over my beat and tweak the tempo until every hook matches up the same and it will be done.