help with setting up a rap studio

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
wassup everybody

i've been rapping for along time and want to start a home studio for rap and hip hop.
the only problem, i don't know what i need. please help me. i want to release radio quality material.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
First what is you budget,

then like classic said decide weather you want a software set-up or come over to the dark side and get a hardware set-up ;-D

also you got to ask your self do you want to compose your on beats, or you want to sample alot

its many diffrent ways you can do this.

C

Copenhagen

Also, people have already asked this question many times on here, so perhaps do a search and get some inspiration from the previous threads.

ill o.g.
Jus to put my opinion down, i think you should find an inexpensive studio and just work on your shit there. Find somebody who makes beats for cheap and get em off of them.

What happened to the days where people went to the studio to make an album?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I think, now, with all the programs, people think its easier to start a label or a plain studio at home... they tend to forget all the work involved. I got a lot of friends how want to start something with only a computer and a mic bought at Radio-Shack (a cheap but big electronic store, here in Canada)

(I'm not pointing at you, Flow)

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
mad flows

classic said:
umm thats a very open queation man, what type of equiment to u want, do u want hardware or software??? what type of beats do u want to make. U gotta be more specific.

class.

I want to use hardware and i'll be making all my own beats.

C

Copenhagen

mad flows said:
I want to use hardware and i'll be making all my own beats.

If you want to use hardware only, I would personally get an MPC, a good keyboard workstation, perhaps a sampler, some good monitors, a hardisk recorder/mixer with preamps, a mic or two...and that would be it.

ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
If you want to use hardware only, I would personally get an MPC, a good keyboard workstation, perhaps a sampler, some good monitors, a hardisk recorder/mixer with preamps, a mic or two...and that would be it.

in other words, i hope you got a lot of money

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Are you in Jersey? I got a studio for cheap.