Here'sthe Difference Between 2000xl /3000

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
I'LL START OFF BY SAYING I HAVE BEEN A 2000XL PERSON SINCE I STARTED WITH BEATS...

ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO OR SO... I PURCHASED AN MPC3000 ACTUALLY I TRADED...

But i was so curios as 2 find out the myth behind the 3000... and the alleged greatness it's been known 4...

1st..The moment i got the machine set up 4 my studio i encountered my 1st problem...the screen is the darkest thing i have ever seen.... even with the diplay contrast up. you need light.. 2 see the screen...

2nd..i noticed i had no memory 15sec.. i think... i ordered memory the same day and it arrived the following.. after... by FORAT.. once around this i noticed... you need to tell the sampler how long 2 sample... unlike the 2000xl which you can set for 150 sec... and sample only 2sec... ( on the 3000 if you type in 30sec.. it wont stop till 30 secs. thats kinda lame i thought...

3... the editing sound page.... theres no Waveform for the 3000...( the 2000xl has it
therefore making it easier 2 find your sample start point...) Also the 2000xl offers time strectch... and allows you 2 cut samples up into peices faster...

4.The reason why i'm still debating 2 not give up the 3000 is the way my drums sounds.... there is a difference... me... my girl... i swear 2 you...

i play a WAV KICK OFF PRO TOOLS... Sample into both machines this is what i heard.. the 2000xl misses some of the low end... the 3000 picks up...
it subtle but audible... the 2000xl sounds a tad more high end... maybe because the 3000 get more low... or the way it plays out the sound....

now this is weirder i build my kits for the 3000... i load them into the 2000xl and play the same sound on both they sound different... which leaves me 2 believe it's not the sampler... but the audio out on these machine... the card or something is different...
this is the truth...

but the audio outs on these machines sound different...

i'll dsiplay my point in the showcase.. 12pm eastern time...

5. now ii found away 2 get close 2 the 3000..... by going to the mixer section in the 2000xl and picking setup and moving my master levels 2 plus 6db... and have all the sounds at 200 in the sound trim page... gives it the efx... it's not distortion.. by the way.. i made sure nothing peaked..

6..i like the 2000xl betta for this reason... while playing i can make a mid track.. and play it on the drum pads... the 3000 no sir... you got 2 turn off local on pads... and if you use time correct.. and have drums from the mpc where your playing they will sound with the midi which stinks...

7... you only can use one drum program for the mpc3000... the 2000xl you can have 4 different ones set up...

8...the main reason 4 me... and if so one can show me how 2 use this trick on 3000 i will stick with my 3000 instead...

on the 2000xl all you have 2 do is (hold shift and time correct... and it make it so you no longer have 2 hold time correct... but can rather focus on playing hats and drums on beat no matter what...) "this is personaly how i get down on my mpc... i love making drums this way...

the 3000 i can not find out how 2 do it... i think THERE IS I JUS DON'T KNOW

9. the 3000 has stock 4 midid outs and 8 audio outs... my 2000xl has the 8 outs but not the 4.. which i thought would be sick... and is...

but what turned me off is if i want 2 make a midi track.. i have 2 stop the sequence and make it... or have already made some... and jus track move 2 it...

10.. THE TIME CORRECT ALWAYS MOVES BACK 2 LATE ON THE 3000.. THE 2000XL EXCELS IS ALWAYS ON EARLY.. UNLESS YOU MOVE IT..

THESE ARE JUS SOME OF THE MAIN THINGS I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MPC DIFFERENCE...SINCE... I NOW OWN BOTH AND HAVE TESTED THEM BOTH OUT...

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
thanks man, that's a very good review, i have a 2000xl, and am know feeling pretty good about it. I was once contemplating a 3000, but i think i won't need one now.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
this was a real good review u should send it to fade as an article or something, i been dying to read a real difference between the two, im still gonna stick wit the 2000, but u seem kinda sold on the 4000 muck, whats the details on that, compared to the 2000 and the 3000???

themucka

ill o.g.
ima break down the 4000 for yall... once my studio up next week.. ima put it thru it's paces this weekend....

right now i'm on the world worst mission....
i have some beats sold.... one had a sample... but i neva wrote it down....
i have 30 songs at least that need 2 be found... and credited properly... for copyright issues...

2 errybody.... get a book write down the sample used in that songs....
save the name properly... if it's a gtr sample don't write gtr 2..no no no
when you sell your beat... the last thing you wanna do is dig and find that record again.... of topic but... usually mpc are not long enuff 2 write the album and track.. and singer...

i will definitely throw a revue... for the 4000 next week... and explain why i feel this machineis worth the price... $2500

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
YEAH I FEEL U ON THE SAMPLE NAMING THING, THAT "GTR 2" SHIT HIT ME, MADE ME LAUGH....I FOUND THIS OUT THE HHARD WAY RECENTLY AND HAVE BEEN LABELING MY SHIT EVER SINCE, GOOD ADVISE STILL THOUGH, CANT WAIT FOR THE 4000 REVIEW.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Press Down The Contrast Button

Press this button down to toggle between the back light and see if that works to brighten up your screen. I had the same problem when I bought my MPC 3000. I think thats why the screen is so dark.(The Back light isn't on) Let me know if I was right.

Attachments

• mpc3000_hi.jpg
    mpc3000_hi.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 187

themucka

ill o.g.
NAW.... IT DIDN'T MAKE DIFFERENCE.... MAYBE THE BACKLIGHT IS MESSED UP...
BEACAUSE I PRESSED IT DOWN..AND NOTHING... NO CHANGE...

I'LL ADMIT... I DIDN'T CATCH THAT PUSH DOWN BUTTON ON THE CONTRAST... TIGHT WORK... GOOD LOOKING OUT...

HOW ABOUT THE TIMMECORRECT... TRCICK... ON THE 2000XL ..IT'S SHIFT AND NOTE REPEAT.. AND YOU DON'T HAVE 2 HOLD IT DOWN...
CAN THIS BE DONE ON THE 3000 I TRIED ERRYTHING.. ACCEPT CALL AKAI...

themucka

ill o.g.
NO NOT STEP RECORDING....

I MEAN WHEN YOU HOLD DOWN TIMECORRECT... WHILE THE BEAT IS PLAYING...
ON THE 3000 AND PRESS A PAD THAT HAS A HHAT... IT WILL PLAY REPEADLY..
LIKE IF YOU HAVE 1/16 AND YOU HOLD TIME CORRECT.. IT WILL PLAY THE HATS ON BEAT AT 1/16THS.. AND 1/8 AND SO ON...

ON THE 2000XL YOU CAN HOLD THAT DOWN.. OR YOU CAN PRESS SHIFT AND TAP TEMPO AND YOU NO LONGER HAVE 2 TOUCH NOTHING BUT THE PADS...

SO NOW I CAN JUS USE MY FINGERS FOR PLAYING DRUMS KICKS AND HHTAS WITH BOTH HANDS..

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Themucka, Good shidd, I don't know but there is something about the audio processors that akai uses, I once upon a time owned a sp12(emu), s950 and mpc2000, I have lots of tracks that were made on thoses pieces, there is something about how they keep the original sample clarity in a mix, kicks and snares BANG with not a whole lot of work even weak kick can be made to sound better just by sampling it into one of the akai samplers .........now as far as a high end audio card used with a program I have been trying to get the same sound but I can't do it, that's what I have been trying to do, I don't know how much of the original sample is preserved, I recently saw that on one of my old audio cards with an updated driver, that it has a special processor that bypasses the windows kernel, there can be an sound loss if you don't have a really good card for processing your beats and mixing and the driver still uses the windows kernel.......I am looking forward to the review because I am going to get the 4000 as my final solution, yes I can make hot beats in the computer but the full thick sound is not there, even exporting my waves from reason or fruity loops to cubase or protools.....I have to take them to a studio

members online