HEY COME AND BE PHILOSOPHICAL N STUFF

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I saw an articles aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. Like a decade+ saying that they believed music would eventually become just "Soundvertising" where songs would essentially just be titled, for example "Pepsi" or fuck knows, "Pepsi Love" which would see Beyonce for example using that brand name as the focus of the song. Not so overtly as a literal singing advert... but in a similar way a rapper might make a song rapping about Hennessy. Except every song would start becoming a product reference, or lyrical product placement.

Pro Tip: if you're on some kind of level, doing such can be great way of obtaining sponsorship/or funding from said companies.

At the end of one of Lil Jon's songs he actually says "Shout out to Seagram's Gin, 'cause I drink it and they payin' me for it"

The 2000's was a boon time for product placement in hip hop. Lotta cats were cashing checks for mentioning stuff in their songs so it's definitely been a thing. Maybe not so much these days, but I remember an article or two about it back then.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Hell, I remember Talib Kweli getting absolutely eviscerated online because his wedding was sponsored by Hennessy and he gave a shout to them in the middle of the reception.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Shout out to my boys Captain Morgan, Bacardi C and lil Heineken. Couldn't have married without you...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy