Hey Vitaminman!!!!!!!!!

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
WASSUP COUSIN, YA STILL WANNA GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE EMU'S, IM DOWN
SET UP THE PERIMETERS AND LET OFF THE STARTING GUN!
I DONT KNOW WHY BUT MY REPLY TO YOUR INITIAL POST GOT DELETED??????

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Fats,

About 11 months ago I proposed that someone with an SP1200 submit some files for comparison with sounds on another sampler which had a bit-reduction feature on it, at the time I was the proud owner of an EMU 6400 Ultra and wanted to use it for the test.

I am no longer in posession of the EMU, instead I have a Yamaha A5000 which is not hooked up yet...

However, doing the test should be easy. We need to find some files that are 16 bit/44.1khz/mono...you need to sample them into the 1200, then rerecord them back into your computer. I will take the same source files as you, try to resample and bit-reduce them in software, then compare them to the files you made with the 1200.

I don't know how much memory your 1200 has, so would you mind finding some files for this?

Thanks

Nick

PS Before you science boffins chirp in, I realise that this is not a perfect test with perfect conditions...it will hopefully allow people to 'hear' what a 1200 is capable of doing to sounds.

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
see the sp only has 10 total sampling seconds distributed by i think its 2.5 seconds max per zone(8 total) untill the sample time is depleted.....
im sorry but i dont sample waves, i dont have acces to em' but id love to do it with some records if you can.....the sp1200 is a 12 bit sampler, so i cant go as high as 16.
thanks, im sure this will overall be a good outcome, if nothing else, people will fall in love with the warm sounds of 12 bit sampler ie the sp1200 all over again.

members online