Hey y’all

Fakie_Black

Battle Points: 4
Wassup, you can call me Fakie Black, my friend gave me the nickname fakie, and I just added black to the end of it. Thought it sounded good. I’m 16 from Canada, making boombap oriented beats. I use fl20, and write a lot of lyrics, never really record them though. That’s it pretty much…

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Welcome to the ILL!

So you write lyrics?
bored whats up GIF by Paramount Network

Wassup, you can call me Fakie Black, my friend gave me the nickname fakie, and I just added black to the end of it. Thought it sounded good. I’m 16 from Canada, making boombap oriented beats. I use fl20, and write a lot of lyrics, never really record them though. That’s it pretty much…
what did u start with tho? lyrics or beats?

Fakie_Black

Funny you ask, it was actually lyrics. When I was around 13, writing god awful lyrics for trap instrumentals, my older brother was making beats at this point. So I asked him to make me a beat, he did. Then he just said “why don’t you learn to make your own”. And there it was, a month later I installed fl studio and started practicing. I’ll make any genre, boombap just happens to be my favourite. I’ve now been producing for a couple years.

Funny you ask, it was actually lyrics. When I was around 13, writing god awful lyrics for trap instrumentals, my older brother was making beats at this point. So I asked him to make me a beat, he did. Then he just said “why don’t you learn to make your own”. And there it was, a month later I installed fl studio and started practicing. I’ll make any genre, boombap just happens to be my favourite. I’ve now been producing for a couple years.
ahhhhhh I see. I didn't write lyrics but I had kinda a similar story. basically I was chillin in my bro's room and he plays idk, in da club or candy shop or some 50 shit, then he randomly goes "yo if u were a producer could u make this?" I listen and it's basically 3 notes getting hypnotically repeated over and over again, so I'm like "fuck yeah". long story short, with his help, 12 year old me installs fl studio and start playing around, and to this day I still say "Fuck yeah" to everything. just to regret it like 2 mins later but still..
actually now that I think of it, I never failed any one of my "Fuck Yeah"s except for the very first one. scott storch is one hell of a producer to underestimate...

anyway welcome!

Fakie_Black

Haha, I might have to take on the “fuck yeah” strategy. Also yeah, Scott storch is something different, hit after hit. The most impressive part is that he plays the piano beautifully with a um *cough “large cigarette” between his fingertips, that takes skill lol.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Fakie_Black and please keep writing and please drop something!

i really wish I had a copy of one of my original twin cassette deck overdubbed from a 5 sec sampler on my mixer with zx spectrum as bass generator, man that would be neat. If only to laugh at the snake pit of hell, terrible synchronization and my desperation to be making music.
still better than OGBamas 1st beat tho. that one is a silent 3000 min long track.
do u remember how it sounded like tho? when did u make it?

Haha, I might have to take on the “fuck yeah” strategy. Also yeah, Scott storch is something different, hit after hit. The most impressive part is that he plays the piano beautifully with a um *cough “large cigarette” between his fingertips, that takes skill lol.
you earned my respect btw.

still better than OGBamas 1st beat tho. that one is a silent 3000 min long track.
do u remember how it sounded like tho? when did u make it?
It was mid 90's I started by dubbing with my mixer. I remember wondering why nobody liked my music, I thought it was the fucking dogs bollocks at the time. Then I heard it a few years later and realised why nobody liked it.

When I was 13 I was falling out of trees, while wrestling my school mates. We had a tree right near our school we could actually wrestle in. It was mad fun.

You cant see the tree properly behind the wall, but it was cut down in the 90's in the middle of the night to expand the north circular road, fucking cunts. That tree was old as fuck.
ed861e_438ea1f9311749f082a60547ddd40ef0~mv2.webp

It looked like this when we wrestled in it...
46-4.jpg

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
When I was 13 I was falling out of trees, while wrestling my school mates. We had a tree right near our school we could actually wrestle in. It was mad fun.

You cant see the tree properly behind the wall, but it was cut down in the 90's in the middle of the night to expand the north circular road, fucking cunts. That tree was old as fuck.

View attachment 6101

Ah, yes. The good ol' days of kids doing insane things that were totally normal but would never happen again because society is soft.

I miss these:

Merry Go Round Oops GIF by Far Cry 6

View attachment 6101
ahhhhh yes, "wrestling" with the boys under the giant tree where no one can see...

ngl, I miss those days.