hi there from germany

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
while looking for different beat/producer platforms i ended up here... looks like a nice, friendly, organized forum. hopefully i get to connect with likeminded ppl :)
anyway i go by d.fusion from duesseldorf/frankfurt germany. i hope to see you around!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Oh man I went the other way. Compared to fl the 2k is going to feel so sloooow to use. It takes forever to chop a sample in that thing. I would say if you must go mpc (mashchine is better imho) and you have a limited budget I would go with an mpc1000 over the 2k and then you can get jjos on it and rock!

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
thx for the suggestion. im considering the maschine now :) my main concern though is the "built in" mpc sample quality. i think i would really appreciate the mpcs digital conversion of vinyl samples combined with the automatic saturation/compression it does when converting... im looking into the 1000 now aswell, dont know much about the jjos os and how big of a difference that makes

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
The typical mpc sound comes from low bit rate converters and low ppq sequencer. Both limitations of the technology of the time. If you want true authentic versions of that you need to look at the mpc60 and mpc3000 but again those are going to be so slow to work with compared to the 1000/4000/5000. Maschine can actually emulate and old mpc60 and it does a pretty good job and maschine is fast! See this video

Last edited: