Hip Hop today

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
...is this what it is now?

Hiphopbblassfuck.jpg

Kill It With Fire GIF

Saucy Santana? Sounds like a New York deli.

It's sad what Hip Hop has become today. It's like a never ending SNL skit.
EVERYTHING has become an SNL skit. The world is one big joke, and we are the punchline. Thats why I stopped worrying about it all. Nobody cares.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Yeah I miss it when we had The Source and it gave us actual articles about our favorite rappers. Now everything is a mashup of TMZ and Buzzfeed style of hip hop "news".
Feeding into this nonsense of beefs n shit.

Now it's all these motherfuckers acting like gossipy bitches with their little chat shows. Acting like gossipy bitchy girls. This whole youtuber weak ass need vibe shit.

It's cringe.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Thank you @Iron Keys for bringing this informative piece of information to our attention. Very helpful and relevant.

Definitely important to be aware of the current dynamic of hiphop media.

You want to be a big artist, or 'reLeVaNt' this is the shit you gotta indulge in.

Sharing because of that and because of how terribly tragic it is.

This is Hip-Hop 2023.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
You want to be a big artist, or 'reLeVaNt' this is the shit you gotta indulge in
This is Hip-Hop 2023.

If you want to have mass appeal today in Hip-Hop, you need to have wacky multicoloured hair, be malnourished, have shitty tattoos all over especially your face, have 'lil' 'yung' or 'baby' as part of your name, talk with the attitude and tone of a preschooler and ideally mumble as if on heavy medication, act immature in social media videos, and take it up the ass*.

*or at least present as if you might.

Do that, and that's your branding/identity sorted.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
RIP early 2000 era underground scene. Felt like that was the illest time for indie artists. As with everything else, way too saturated now. Hard to find the gems.

RIP early 2000 era underground scene. Felt like that was the illest time for indie artists. As with everything else, way too saturated now. Hard to find the gems.
I agree, this place was popping back then. Then Myspace came along and started the whole "social media" thing. But Myspace did it so well, I was gutted when it committed suicide by Mark Zuckerberg payoff.