HipHop Violinist

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I know its been out a while but aint really seen much about it on here. Anyway any of yall heard The HipHop Violinist yet?

I was feeling it but was very dissappointed that a majority of the tracks had been leaked since like last year, overall good album but i thought star spangled banner was weakest on there, but outside the box is one to check out

anyway what yall think of it?

bisit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it was pretty good, i had her mixtape from this spring and had already heard most of the tracks on there, so that was a bit of a let down. It was something different though.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You know, I had a lot of hopes for this chick when I first heard her stuff, and then when I found out she was coming out with an album, I thought it was going to be sick! I was wrong. That album is garbage. Just MC's rapping over beats with her violin in it. Yay. I thought she would come out with something banging, without the help of today's "rappers".

Just my 2 cents.

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
This chick is fine. I think she just has been mis-produced...in other words...she let amatuers produce her album and videos. She just needs more talent behind her style of performance. Kanye is ok, but she needs production in a bigger scale in order to shine.

Attachments

• miri_ben_ari_150.jpg
    miri_ben_ari_150.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 110

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Louie Lou said:
This chick is fine. I think she just has been mis-produced...in other words...she let amatuers produce her album and videos. She just needs more talent behind her style of performance. Kanye is ok, but she needs production in a bigger scale in order to shine.

I agree.. get her Rick Rubins or JayZ right hand man at Def. He's made good stars from stratch... look at the whole LaFace squad from the 90's no names to fame...

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I dunno after hearing the leaked tracks i kinda knew what to expect and for me she mostly delivered on that but it seems like some of you had higher expectations. And im kinda wondering what were you expectin from her?

She prolly could have carried the album with just the violin (outside the box is pretty nice) but would that sell? I guess it would have been more interesting if shed tried that tho.

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I can't stand her... I think her beats are insipid and she doesn't know how to use the violin for hip hop... however, she is the first and as another clasically trained musician, I will be the first to give her mad props. She is blazing a trail in the industry which I deeply respect, but the actual product doesn't fit my fancy.

members online