Hola hola

Heyhey, my name is Liora and I'm a jazz singer and bass player. I've started making beats a few months ago so I'm still at the beginning process of learning. I love basically all music styles!
Great that there is a supportive community of beatmakers here! Looking forward to hearing y'alls work and giving/getting feedback for work. :)

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @tacospinner and what’s your gender and where can we listen to your work and how long have you been playing bass and singing? Upright or electric bass?

Thank you! I'm a woman, and I have only recently started posting stuff that I experiment with/make on my soundcloud :) heres the link if you want to check it out! https://soundcloud.com/liorazemtsov
been doing it for only a couple months sofar.
I've been singing for a year and a half, studying it officially for half a year, so still got so much to learn but I'm loving the process - I play electric bass!
before that I was playing violin, viola and piano, it's a long journey.

How about you??

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @tacospinner don’t play any instrument(s) but am looking to start w/piano (when did you learn it and what would you recommend an adult beginner do) but I am also an emcee who raps and I also enjoy singing but have no aural proof of me online for the latter.

Last edited:
I learned piano when I was 10 years old - I would say the first thing I recommend is deciding if you have a preference in style? Personally I had classical training, now I'm slowly transitioning into jazz (its like starting all over because it's a completely different style and world of course). I think the important thing is finding a balance between learning some right technique in order to avoid injuries in your hands (which can happen if one plays too tense) and simply having fun - patience and keeping practice as enjoyable as possible really takes away the "this is a job" feeling of it

members online