Holla Back Girl

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What do you guys think of this song? I think the beat is pretty dope, the lyrics are terrible. Seems like it has some good remix potential. Put a new acapella on it, and it would probably be pretty hot.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
the lyrics are fuckin horrendously bad.... REALLY bad... i dig gwen but she needs to leave hip hop alone.... completely... yes even its pop form... stay the fuck away gwen... i lvoe your work and this solo shit is admittedly catchy but sorry as fuck in the pen department.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
the drums our pretty hot but other than that " I wish i had more hands so i can give that bitch 4 thumbs down"...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^ I'm Rick James, B****! lol

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Ughhhh................

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Only thing I can say is....

This shit is Banana's
B A N A N A S...

WHAT THE $@¢@¢£@£¢$%$ !!!!

As for the beat, the Neptunes did better track than that... it sound kind of hollow to me. And I do like simple beats.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Its horrible, she needs to stop experimenting and go back to the No Doubt stuff, that acually was good music.... But this, Super annoying.. CAUSE I AINT NO HOLLA BACK GIIIIIIRL!!! IT's like SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
a great example of how wack shit can be sold pretty good.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
That shyt knocked when it first came out...but due probaly to the fact that like others have said the lyrics are horrible I hated that shty after it became popular.....Her album has a couple of heaters on it though

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I agree, Gwen needs to stay the fuck away from hiphop...I only had real repsect for her as a singer when she was with no doubt....At least then she didnt water down her material and make horrible pop tunes.....Gwens basically sold out in my opinion becuase theres no "substance" in her music anymore.....shes all "club-crap" and boring "heard that before" bullshit now, so i cant say i dig her these days....Its unfortunate really too becuase shes actually a really talented and beautiful singer who used to really apply herself as far as what she could really do with that voice as well as being a pretty good songwriter....Now, shes just Pooh.

As far as the beat goes, i suppose part of the chord progression is cool and theres some nice tones in there on occasion, but i cant get over that cheesy ass 80s synth that plays throughout the entire song, its maaad anoying to me.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
naw naw naw seriously.. gwen did her thing. she's not hiphop but because of eve she has appreciation for itm so it's cool. no disrespect done. i thought the song was booty the first hear But IT IS Catchy.

i was fired from my job today and trust me...... : money matters

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i think the joint is hot.. jay-z did a remix to it its hot.... the beat is that ol skool stomp shit... music isnt all about complex introspective lyrics and self pity people .... and definite props to chrono ... money matters .... sometimes keepin it real is a lame excuse for being broke

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
thats what i was gon ask. somebody fill me in

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I kinda liked the track until it got to the bananas part. Even with the Midnightstar "Freakazoids" drum loop in it. For a pop song it is exactly what it's supposed to be.......full of meaningless lyrics; but with a catchy tune. I agree that Gwen should go back to her No Doubt style. Maybe this is just a phase and she'll get over it soon.
ONE

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
does every song have to have a deep meaning ? i think its a pretty dope track its not like anything else thats out there the neptunes did and awesome job on the production, and yea she talks shit all the way through but it dnt really matter as the whole track works so ............. and how many times have you hear people singing the b a n a n a s part which proved it did its job !

Artistix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
MarkN said:
does every song have to have a deep meaning ? i think its a pretty dope track its not like anything else thats out there the neptunes did and awesome job on the production, and yea she talks shit all the way through but it dnt really matter as the whole track works so ............. and how many times have you hear people singing the b a n a n a s part which proved it did its job !

Yo I agree 100% that song wasn't written to change the game it's a party song meaning it was written so that when you at a party or club the girls go crazy and some freak wants to grind. thats the whole purpose of the song period.

members online

No members online now.