Holla If You Hear Me

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
I see what your going for here but i dont think the drum and bass flow are matching the sample enough, following the piano i think would feel more in sync, love the sample.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I think what's throwing off the rhythm is the arrangement of one of the chops. I think the last chop of the main 4 bar loop is off so it makes it sound like the first chop is off when the kick drum hits. One of the hi hats sounds off too, or it may just be inconsistent swing with the pattern or too loose of quantizing. It sounds like you built around the 2/4 hits but something about the arrangement makes the 9th beat sound off when the loop loops. I think I'm hearing how you tried to create a 4-bar loop but it almost sounds like the melody gets rushed at the end. You could try to break the rules a bit and create a 5 or 6 bar loop instead to keep the rhythm steady, if that would give more time to play with the sample.

Other than that, I really liked the bass and sound selection. Sample was dope and everything sounded well.

Im sitting here wondering if I like or dislike the loose flow of the drums. That first kick does seem to come in quick, but not so much so that I dont like it. I actually like it, its different, a bit Dillaesque. I enjoyed listening from start to finish, so you may be onto something here. Maybe if you timestretch the last chop of the loop before the kick so that its a bit quicker it will make the quick kick not so quick and more palatable for the philistines out there.

members online