Holy crap the announcement is Reason 6!!

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Are you serious? This is the biggest change to Reason yet, have you not watched the videos?

Of course I watched the videos

So they combined Record into Reason made the box 64bit (which is cool) and gave you a couple more units...... now its an update.

So they are basically giving us what we already had(as most have record and reason) minus 3 units

Am I missing anything?

Are you serious? This is the biggest change to Reason yet, have you not watched the videos?

Yep, just inregrating the audio recording/editing is a big enough thing for me, let alone time stretching and additional fx, and per channel compression, and xtra instruments.
Any news on a price? thats the big thing.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
If you have Reason and Record already the upgrade price is $99 US

I mean seriously, lets forget that we now have true multitrack audio recording with an amazing SSL mixer in REASON

Alligator, blows my mind as does Pulveriser. Seriously, this is a fantastic update!

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
If you have Reason and Record already the upgrade price is $99 US

I mean seriously, lets forget that we now have true multitrack audio recording with an amazing SSL mixer in REASON

Alligator, blows my mind as does Pulveriser. Seriously, this is a fantastic update!

I get that but for those who have Record and Reason its a complete waste. I can understand if all you have is Reason then yes its a sweet update! But again for users that have record as well as Reason it's a rip off

I get that but for those who have Record and Reason its a complete waste. I can understand if all you have is Reason then yes its a sweet update! But again for users that have record as well as Reason it's a rip off

Its the same with everything these days tho, with the iphone being the prime example, damn this shit was invented way back by car manufactures in the 50's. They decided to bring out a new model of car every year, and people with their keep up with the jones' mentality bought into it and made it profitable. Just like the iPhone with a new release every year. Its just the consumer society we live in. But personally even still I think its a pretty substantial upgrade, the biggest Ive seen. And Ive used reason since the first one.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Its the same with everything these days tho, with the iphone being the prime example, damn this shit was invented way back by car manufactures in the 50's. They decided to bring out a new model of car every year, and people with their keep up with the jones' mentality bought into it and made it profitable. Just like the iPhone with a new release every year. Its just the consumer society we live in. But personally even still I think its a pretty substantial upgrade, the biggest Ive seen. And Ive used reason since the first one.

I'm aware of that I'm just saying they're screwing their dual users here.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Well the props community is pretty rough on a good day. But to me the market speaks for itself. If it was a bad decision then no one will buy it. But I have the feeling it will sell really well. And getting everything back in to Reason is the right thing to do.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Well the props community is pretty rough on a good day. But to me the market speaks for itself. If it was a bad decision then no one will buy it. But I have the feeling it will sell really well. And getting everything back in to Reason is the right thing to do.

People are going to buy regardless. The market is Reason not record as there are more Reason users than Record users which is why Record is being dropped. Record didn't do the numbers expected. People didn't gravitate to it like Prop predicted.

It's a great update I'm just not impressed by how they went about doing it

I'm aware of that I'm just saying they're screwing their dual users here.

No doubt, we have been getting screwed for years. I bet they have the iPhone 7 ready, but its not profitable to go straight to that, they have to do the incremental bullshit for maximum profits. And to keep a steady guaranteed income year on year. I never copped record so I can understand how you feel, Id probably feel a bit more pissed if I had invested in that too. I think that was another money making exercise of theirs by not integrating it in the first place. So now surprise surprise, since they aint doing the numbers they expected it gets integrated.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
No doubt, we have been getting screwed for years. I bet they have the iPhone 7 ready, but its not profitable to go straight to that, they have to do the incremental bullshit for maximum profits. And to keep a steady guaranteed income year on year. I never copped record so I can understand how you feel, Id probably feel a bit more pissed if I had invested in that too. I think that was another money making exercise of theirs by not integrating it in the first place. So now surprise surprise, since they aint doing the numbers they expected it gets integrated.

Right and the funny thing is when Record was being made we said no just put it in Reason give Reason all those features. You may be right they used Record to test the market/make some ends I'm sure