Hopkins vs De La Hoya

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
iLLVA1 said:
Anybody see the fight this weekend? It was a good fight. De La Hoya actually boxed him but he doesn't have any power left in him. Hopkins won by a knockout....from a body shot and De Lo Hoya couldn't get back up for a few minutes.

The fight was ill glad to see my man Hopkins come through, he's a lil bigger than De La Hoya!!! but imo he had to knock DLH out no way he would've got a decision in that match, Who's NEXT: I wanna see him and Tarver go at it!!since he beat Roy!

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
it was also the first time that De La Hoya got knocked out EVER!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
jaydub23510 said:
The fight was ill glad to see my man Hopkins come through, he's a lil bigger than De La Hoya!!! but imo he had to knock DLH out no way he would've got a decision in that match, Who's NEXT: I wanna see him and Tarver go at it!!since he beat Roy!
Hopkins could have one that fight easy by desicion the man hasn't lost a fight in 10 years and hasn't gone the distance in about 4...De la hoya is not the caliber fighter that hopkins is besides de la hoya doesn't have enough heart to beat a guy like hopkins!!!

Hopkins wont fight Tarver because hopkins would have to gain 30lbs for that he wouldn't even go up to 170 for roy jones when he was a heavyweight Hopkins is smart he'll retire undisputed champ unless mayweather can climb of to that weight class in one year and he still might beat floyd

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
My boy called that fight.

Since we know Hopkins put Trinidad out, and we just saw him take out Hoya, do you think he could take out Roy Jones?

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
If Hopkins wants to make money he should fight Roy or Tarver: If he wants to keep his title he should leave them alone.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Kevin A said:
If Hopkins wants to make money he should fight Roy or Tarver: If he wants to keep his title he should leave them alone.
I see a few people don't understand the world of boxing Hopkins is the undisputed middle weight champ Jones is a light heavyweight and tarver is the undisputed light heavyweight champ if hopkins were to fight anyone of them he would have to leave middle weight and super middle weight just to step in at their weight class...We're talking about hopkins putting on almost 50lbs just to make the weight and Tarver is a natural light heavy weight at about 180lbs it would make no sense for hopkins to take a fight like that he grossed 10 million form the fight with de la hoya and now he is consider the best pound for pound fighter out there it would be easier for jones to drop in weight class but he wont do that at all because after his rematch with tarver he will be a heavyweight for the remainder of his career and after hopkins victory he will be able to gross 20 to 40 million his next 2 fights and after that he'll retire

I also belive if jones and Hopkins were to meet at 160 hopkins would win but jones wont take that fight because he barley beat hopkins the first fight

iLLVA1

Hitman for Hire
ill o.g.
I cant stand Tarver.....he still won't pull as much money as Jones would. His fan base aint as big as Jones. Hopkins can get out the game on top. I want to see Jones vs. Tarver one more time so Roy can get his payback.....Tarver definitely wouldn't win again. But Roy's fighting this saturday so I'm going to watch that one

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I think Tarver vs Hopkins will happen. It will be a good fight, and I see Tarver winnin. Not that I want him to, because I do like Hopkins, but, Tarver isn't as bad as a boxer as some think.

,,,Oh yeah, I knew De La was goin down even though I am a fan. But, he shouldn't of come up. He aint strong enough,,,but he did enough, he can retire happilly. Still the fastes hands in boxin!!!!!

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I thought it was gonna be De La Hoya. I ain't a fan but when I saw him handle Vargas...I gave him more respect. Vargas was on roids and Hoya look like he worked at Sears or something. I thought he was gonna out think Hopkins but I guess ain't nobpdy touching Hopkins in his division.

I wanna see someone put down Spinks. I think Mayorga got robbed. Did ya'll see the fight when he first got his belt? Let the champ hit him twice in the face and then proceeded to break him down. Bananas.

iLLVA1

Hitman for Hire
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
,,,Oh yeah, I knew De La was goin down even though I am a fan. But, he shouldn't of come up. He aint strong enough,,,but he did enough, he can retire happilly. Still the fastes hands in boxin!!!!!

Hoya has those fast hands but he aint doing nothing wit it. There's no strength in those little punches when he does that little fast flury of punches. It was just to steal rounds and that kinda pissed me off. He doesnt have any more strength left....he needs to let it go. And i used to be a Hoya fan.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
iLLVA1 said:
Hoya has those fast hands but he aint doing nothing wit it. There's no strength in those little punches when he does that little fast flury of punches. It was just to steal rounds and that kinda pissed me off. He doesnt have any more strength left....he needs to let it go. And i used to be a Hoya fan.

You are right man, but they add up points, I think if this fight could've went the distance, (Bernard punches too hard for it too had) He would've did that and possibly stole the fight from Bernie, I wouldn't have trusted those judges either, we've seen what can happen in a pro boxing bout before!!

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I believe if Tito beats Mayorga on Oct 2nd, that may set up a possible fight with him and Hopkins again. B-Hop has no comp, Tito is out to redeem that lost. It'll be the biggest money maker that both fighters will see. This is the fight the people wanna see, so I wouldn't be surprise if something is worked out in 2005. If it does happen, I got Tito this time!