Hot sample............

sent_inc

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 15
Yo what do you do when you're digging in the crates and find that sample that is so hot you just don't want to change it.

Do yo go P-Diddy Style (No Offense, it made him rich) or do you change it somehow anyway.?

C

Copenhagen

Really depends on the sample. If it works better changed, I'll change it...if it doesn't, I'll just loop it and add slamming drums. It would be stupid otherwise...

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i totally agree with these guys - don't go flipping shit just to flip it. maybe mess around with it for a while and see how it sounds best. i try to flip it around in my head and see if anything cool can come of it, then try to make that happen in the program. then again, sometimes but experimenting in a program, you stumble across something that is dope.

D

database

usually i cu up things, but if the samp is really hot, il just leave it, and add some synth or something to enhance it a bit, for instance if theres this flute playing very soft in the backround that i wanna put more forward in the mix i just search for the closest sound to it on a synth, and play it, then sample that, and put it on top of the sample

members online