How did u first meet Illmuzik?

• beat this! voting starts in...

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I'm on a mish to make this into more of a Facebook like social spot. Everyone that I've gotten to sign up literally thanks me afterward!! A sincere one. I think things have been picking up lately...I got a few tricks in my bag still :)

what about people like me who don't like facebook? sad to say, if it got more facebookish, i'd probably leave.

what about people like me who don't like facebook? sad to say, if it got more facebookish, i'd probably leave.

I just mean popular like FB, ill deserves it. Although I like my little exclusive crew :)

Ok now i get it... Jesus Fade phrase change the shit to pink...

LMAO no purple pussy!!!

I don't know. What's in it for me?

< yea that's my ass. I expect "Ill's First Lady" in PINK by morning.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
Precog told me about this site on the Collab app that used to come with FL Studio when we were making beats together. I joined and have been a shadow of the site ever since - still haven't broken 200 posts, and never entered and competitions, but often on the site...

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
google... i got kinda tired of the "kids" at futureproducers so i started lookin around... but what really had me look around for something new was when the Scratch Magazine forums shut down.. i was one of the 1st members there.. had a cool atmosphere.. miss some of those guys.. some of them are on facebook with me tho.

da relic

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Actually recommended by Nomics from Da Illfellaz..... shit...9 years is a long time..... I was in college n shit when I started here. Needless to say I was making music, then trying my best to catch an STD (unsuccessful). Wasn't a hefty poster until after school..... Forums were huge back then, before the emergence of social networking (especially Facebook). These forums were busy as hell and beat competitions were stacked.

It's crazy how much we've all developed in our craft since the beginning. I always give illmuzik props for helping me grow into the beast i've become...
Word? I didnt realize you know nomics. how is he doin?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
dacalion used to pretty much preside over the sample flip section, and there was a higher participation rate. That and his articles/tutorials is what drew me in.

It was rough at first. Dacalion bashed one of my flips. People were trashing my beats (in code of course). I got more involved in Gearslutz. I came back when I started communicating with Relic, and started being on Carolina Cuts. Started participating and contributing more. Learned a from Fade, Relic ,Dac ,the guy that calls himself god (I'll assume it's not Kanye West), and Greg Savage.

IllMuzik is prolly the main reason that within the last 2 years, I have transitioned more to producing over spitting (i am a writer/spitta 1st, but have grown to love producing)

So for those new to the site, or new to beatmaking period, if u sometimes feel that cat's is sleepin on you, not recognizing your skill, and just hating on you, just keep doing what u doin. Don't get caught up in goin back and forth with peopl online, use that energy to hone your craft. Watch more tutorials. Analyze the criticism and decide if there is merit to it.

I appreciate the fact that for the most part , our community can disagree in a more civil way than other sites. It's all about growing, learning, sharing ideas , and helping when u can. Right?

Great topic by the way Barb.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@soberminded - good post! It's true, those that have huffed and puffed and left because they got into arguments here, where are they now? Maybe they're still doing their thing, but if people just stuck around and got involved (like I've always said), they'll learn a lot and make a lot of good friends. Plus networking!