How do ya get inspired??

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i Loveee music with a passion

But lately when i sit down to try to compose a beat i cant come up with NOTHING

i always have good ideas for beats in my head, but when i sit down i get bored or distracted easily it could be wifey bothers me or my new born starts to cry =\

idk what it is

any advice for me to keep me inspired and pursue my music career ??

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Get out of the house. You need to let it come to you with out stress or the beat comes out sounding stressed and forced.

Take a walk. Pen and pad. Write notes of ideas for beats. Go to a public shop that plays oldies and catch songs to sample from and rush home with it.

T

The Arkitekt

Everyone has their own thing, mine is beatmaking on a hangover

Sounds to me like your wife and kid are the problem, not in a bad way, but you know what im saying. Try waking up mad early one day before everyone is awake so theres no distractions, the morning is good for me cuz my mind is usually the clearest when I wake up and I'm not subconsciously thinking about the day that just went by. Sometimes the best time for me is night time after some drinks. It all depends with mood and person I guess, find out what clears your mind and apply that

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
it seems like you're not supposed to be making music at that time.

I say, take up to 2 weeks to just clean the house, and spend time with the fam as opposed to making a beat. Not that you don't spend time with them, but just spend that extra time with them for about 2 weeks, then you might feel the calling like "damn.. i should make a beat right now" and it'll just flow out.

The main point here, is spending alot of time with the fam will allow them to leave you alone less reluctantly when you wanna have private time, feel me?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
LOL it might, but if he's already not making music, it can't hurt to try =]

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
@Ark - haha, thats dope man, ive never heard of anyone that digs making beats with a hangover....lol.

Im weird I guess cuz for me, these are the things that inspire me:
+STRUGGLE in my life. (If im stressed about shit I often make the best music in me)
+OTHER PRIORITIES in my life, I actually want to make beats more when I have more important things to do. I guess its the feeling of doing something I shouldn't?
+BEAUTIFUL SUNNY CALIFORNIA WHETHER...something about when the winter finally starts to burn off and I can open the window in my studio again. The breeze is perfect and the temperature feels like the Bay Area (my favorite), its the kind of whether that makes you want to BBQ and drink beer all day with the homies.
+CROWN ROYAL ON THE ROCKS. maybe mix 500mg of vicodin in there for good measure.
+SATIVA WEED, if I can obtain it which is usually harder to cop then an Indica strain I just get a nice stone going on and can still be creative and productive on my MPC.

My enemies:
+BOREDOM, even though you would think this the perfect time to make a beat, its absolutely the worst for me.
+INDICA WEED....yes, I obviously smoke herb, but if I smoke on some Indica shit I get too much of a body high and cant productively function on the MP....
Ill end up working on the same drum rhythm for dam near an hour not realizing I havent moved on yet. lol.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ LOL at the indica line, i can relate but i usually like making beats in that sedated mode.

there's just the risk of looking at the mpc, thinking of all the shit to do before publishing the beat, then getting lazy and saying fuck it.. so i guess i know what u mean

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
i Loveee music with a passion

But lately when i sit down to try to compose a beat i cant come up with NOTHING

i always have good ideas for beats in my head, but when i sit down i get bored or distracted easily it could be wifey bothers me or my new born starts to cry =

idk what it is

any advice for me to keep me inspired and pursue my music career ??

I wouldn't consider music a career, unless you're willing to accept the ups and downs of "music" related position. I live in a Media City and most "music" peeps I know are NOT doing well. Focus on the business side of music if REALLY you want to make a career out of it.

As far as creativity, listen to genres of music you may not normally listen to and even go back to different eras of music. Listen to Big Band, Classic Rock and Soul music, for example. Also, check out what the rest of the world is doing at this time.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I keep a folder of my favorite beats and I listen to them whenever am not making beats.

Gets me amped.

Gives me ideas.

Learn how other producers do things when it comes to their arrangements and composition and chops

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I wouldn't consider music a career, unless you're willing to accept the ups and downs of "music" related position. I live in a Media City and most "music" peeps I know are NOT doing well. Focus on the business side of music if REALLY you want to make a career out of it.

As far as creativity, listen to genres of music you may not normally listen to and even go back to different eras of music. Listen to Big Band, Classic Rock and Soul music, for example. Also, check out what the rest of the world is doing at this time.

I PLAN TO GO 2 IAR SOMETIME THIS YEAR

i want to become a music engineer

And im hearing the same thing from a few ppl about them not doing good and what not...

Good looking to all that replys i got some good ideas from it

but keep the advice coming :)

T

The Arkitekt

@Ark - haha, thats dope man, ive never heard of anyone that digs making beats with a hangover....lol.

lol, it works for me cuz I get in that "leave me the fuck alone" mood, and it's just easier to concentrate and not pay attention to anything else

lol @ the 500mg vic's, that works as well, gets me in the "leave me the fuck alone" mood, instead I use percocet, try to get some if you get the chance, they don't really give you the itchiness and messed up stomach that vic's do on the come down

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"+OTHER PRIORITIES in my life, I actually want to make beats more when I have more important things to do. I guess its the feeling of doing something I shouldn't?"

that's true. when i got shit coming up i wana take a day off and straight make beats. it makes u feel more deprived i guess. u know.. u miss something the most when it's not there or w/e. lol.

anywayss. what I do is i have about _ _ gb's of oldies so i open a random folder/album and play that shit. you'll find something you want eventually. i have a habit of playing oldies now tho when i'm chilling on my computer. new drum sounds/chopped samples never fail to inspire. if they're good samples that is.

T

TrackNocs

just get in the studio with 4 to 5 people and watch something happen

gballin123

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Grab a Souljaboytellem.com Cd and some Crunk Juice. Two Musical Geniuses and there best products in one sit down.
:D

I keep a folder of my favorite beats and I listen to them whenever am not making beats.

Gets me amped.

Gives me ideas.

Learn how other producers do things when it comes to their arrangements and composition and chops

Great advice. Helps me with alot of things. Everytime I listen to the Blueprint I get so pumped