How do you back up your music files?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've been using Google and Dropbox for regular computer files, but for actual audio files from my recordings, it's tough to use cloud storage since the files are so big.

What do you guys use?

I know there's Gobbler which syncs everything with your DAW, but what are some other options? Maybe USB sticks?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
nothing online. the archivist in me says, physical media is still king.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
external HDD all the way. i have the original files on one disk, and a backup of that disk on another. i never leave the backup plugged in (in hopes of both drives not dying at the same time). i recently bought a drobo mini to save all of my music and image files. haven't gotten around to using it yet though.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
I "almost" dont care anymore. I have an extarnal HD with my files for logic, just couse i got. If im loosing anything, it is just simply not going out. :) ha, i guess it sounds "out there", but i like it, and im working mostly on hardware so it rarly f?cksup.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i sometimes backup to external drives. i'd do it regularly if i was to release any of my music. recently i found a good solution for auto-syncing folders across pcs without using cloud services: http://www.bittorrent.com/sync. i use this for syncing mp3 folders across pcs.

members online