How do you cope with self-doubt?

Ok, so if we're gonna have this debate, let me give you my secret weapon when it comes to decide if a shit is good shit or bad shit.
Like I said, you need the real thing at hand to compare. So what you want to do is get a big jar and shit in it, then you always have it with you.
But beware, you don't want to shit a good shit in your jar because it would not work and ruin your jar.
So, in order to be 100% sure you hit your "baddest shit ever" target, you eat [insert whatever country here, except the one your were born in] at lunch and [insert whatever country here, except the one your were born in] for dinner. Then you drink the cheapest red wine you can find. The more the better. You sleep on it, with your jar by your side.
When you wake up, Tadaaaaa !

Or you can use an AB comparison plugin on your master bus (I use sample magic AB) and load some Drake or Cardi B song in it.

My wife threw my precious jar away when the kids were playing with it. Errr, she doesn't get music ...
i think its safe to say it doesnt matter what country you come from, a good indian meal or a burrito will get the juices a flowing, the arse a blowing and the ring a glowing.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
I been in the dumps lately myself. Took some time off then got an Mpc Studio. Worked hard to try to get better and came back and entered a few battles. My beats still suck, never got more than a runner up. Makes me want to quit altogether. I wish I had more time to put into but I do what little I can with a family and full time job.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Here's another thing... i think it can be hard to hear your beats as others do, particularly when they're fresh to your ears.

I've had shit i had self doubt about then listened to them like 5 years later when I've forgotten about them and been like "yoooo, shiiiiii I was actually gooood back then" and you may even feel your old beats "sound better" than your current stuff.

You'll likely hear things in em tho like "oo i woulda done that differently, or changed this" - all in all probably sums up that your shit is a lot doper than you thought it was at the time and also a sign that you've grown because you can see things you'd do differently now.

members online