How Do You Deal with School and BeatMaking?

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I'm just fuckin tired of School. It's killing my spirit of making beat. School is a 24/7 mental prison. You wake up each day of the week to go sit your ass then listen to some dude or woman, take notes. Then you go back home and you gotta work on what that dude or woman said and the next day it's the same shit. Then in the weekend you gotta work on it again, but the only difference is that you got more free time since you're the whole day away from school.

I'm saying it's killing my spirit, cuz a lot of the time I get back home, and i gotta eat, do some homework. Then i barely have time to sit down and make a beat, and when I have like an hour and an half. I don't really wanna go do something, cuz me usually it takes me a lot of time to make a beat, so if i'm really into something and it's time for me to sleep i gotta stop or else i'm gonna be too tired when i go to school and won't be able to listen well.

I don't want to quit school, cuz if that beat thing don't work I have to have something to fallback on. I'll obviously quit school when I'm in a position where I can place some beats.

Do some people have that same "problem" ? If you do, what you do to not let it kill your spirit.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yep.

What I do? I listen to Dilla beats and I know that if that brother could work from a hospital bed and drop beats better than anyone else, I can handle school pressure.

It works, believe me.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Leave school and you will regret it for the rest of your life.

I never got the chance to go to college, nothing will set you up in life more than a good education.

~NW~

O

open mind

NobleWordz said:
Leave school and you will regret it for the rest of your life.

I never got the chance to go to college, nothing will set you up in life more than a good education.

~NW~
co sign.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i just deprive myself of sleep. not purposely. I just come home, get on my music grind, realize i have work for school, then tend to my house duties, then before i know it its 4am and i gotta get up for school in 2 hours. Its not healthy, but i've just growned accustomed to it.. I actually perform better in school on less sleep

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
kontents said:
Are you in high School?? cause if you are you'll live you got the rest of the summer to make beats. Think about the people who go to school/work/ and still find time to make beats. thats tuff

Nah i'm in college. It's not just about finding time. It's the fact that you sit down and you're like : alright, I just got 1 hour to make something, cuz I got to study for that test, make this report,etc.

I know that it prepares me for a situation where I'm in a beat session, but the pressure that you know you got to get ready for school tomorow is a different one I think.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
you still in high school? if you go on to university all that will get more intense. i feel what sanova is saying, at one point in uni id make a beat and be awake till 4am-ish, and then would have to wake up at 7 to prepare to head out for lectures. however i switched, during term time, i keep beat making to the weekends. during the week ill have an hour or so on keyboard pratice but wont make a beat cuz i know how they drag time.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
dude make school your first priority no matter what. nothing is more important. you will have time eventually for beatmaking

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I always try to schedule my classes so i can have atleast a day or two off. So i use that time to try to make something.

jawanza malik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
wha i do when im at work is create melodies in my head.
i rarely remember em once i get home but it feeds my beat makin
appetite..

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
how about this one

I work in the studio on OTHER peoples projects for about 80 hours a week...often times its closer to 100+ hours a week...Most of you cant even comprehend that, but I assure you, 100 hour weeks are not uncommon. And yes, that is 7 days a week. I usually get 1 day off every 2 weeks. The few hours I have away from the studio I'm usually sleeping, so trying to keep up with beats is difficult. I manage. I'm used to it by now. I'm sure the volume of tracks is less than many of you, but everything is a keeper, so it balances itself out.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
i work 13.5 hours a day, 7 days a week, then get an average of like 2 days off doin rotating shift work workin on qualifin as an electrical operator on a nuclear power plant in the navy, which if many may or may not know is a very very stressful enviroment, and i find time to make beats

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
on the real.

i must admit that my music let my grades take a dive alil bit when i was in school.

I was doin' beats til around 6 am almost 4 times a week, n' i'd have a 8am class. It was not a good look. Cuz i 'd just either go to sleep in class and not be focused or not go to class at all n' do beats until i go to work.

But i got my degree n' thats what matters.:fun:

time management. Be all know that shit aint gonna go down when u in the zone.

1o1

members online