How do you feel about sampling MP3?

OriginalNoGuru

Struggles of Dad - by OldBones - due Dec 2016
Space is a big issue for me at the moment... I literally do not have the room for a record deck in my 'lab' (at the moment)

I try as much as possible to get samples from CD (using audacity - FREE!) but afraid the majority of my chops are from mp3 (converted to wav via Audacity and dragged into Maschine to edit).

I dig in a lot of my friends parents houses to be honest (I'm 35 years old) ... They've all known me since I was like 12 years old and will let me borrow huge chunks of their CD collections for a month... I listen to it, copy what I need and take it back with a bunch of flowers and maybe move some furniture they've been struggling with...
Currently got a load of Afro-Cuban stuff waiting to go back to a friend of my wife's dad...

Kevlar070

Battle Points: 5
Sample anything u can get in ur DAW, it's all in de name of creativity.
Just make sure u mix it properly so the quality sounds sufficient for the vibe u wanna hav. Datz my biggest issue wid sampling anyway, getting de sample quality to match my drum quality.

Profizeus

Mainly from mp3's but there are some exceptions I have ripped from vinyl.

MP3 from amazon/spotify/whatever if you don't mind trying to make it sound lo-fi yourself i.e. artificial vinyl crackle/white noise/etc. vinyl is already kind of lo-fi nice and warm.
just depends on what sounds good if the sample itself is catchy ig