How do you find time to make music?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I find the days are getting shorter and shorter because of all the gadgets/internet/stuff in the world, as a result I find less time to make music. It's almost like I have to schedule it in my calendar!

How do you guys find the time?

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Before I was doing music for a living

I'd use my days off from work.

Doing music for a living
I'm really good and scheduling time around my projects

If gadgets and internet are keeping you from getting stuff done... Get rid of those things. Narrow down what you need. This is the reason why I kept Reason in my setup. No extra bullshit, allows me to do exactly what I need.

The internet can be an issue, I just disconnect from the net if it becomes a problem

Johan Brodd

Battle Points: 1
Well I've got neither woman, nor kids. So for me it's pretty much just disconnect from the Internet and start to produce music. :)

NOVUS

F U T U R E
Social media is the death of my career. As soon as I get on Facebook its all downhill from there.

Sometimes having bitches hitting you up 24/7 has its downsides... still trying to finish this EP that I can't seem to find time to do.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My studio Mac Pro has no wifi card, and it's not hooked up via Ethernet either. No Facebook, and only use twitter for business when neccesary. The people who need my # have it, otherwise I don't answer. Need to upgrade my reason too, heard its nasty. I was so productive in the 4.0 days.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Since I got the full time job i have to find time on the weekends to get my stuff done. I try and use my time wisely and I manage ok without losing my mind!!!!! I used to be here on illmuzik all the time when I had just that... TIME! it was making beats working on project and vibing off of illmuzik.com... now I have managed my way back!!

OriginalNoGuru

Struggles of Dad - by OldBones - due Dec 2016
My 'lab' is the boxroom nextdoor to my 9 year olds bedroom... Weeknights are a no go (even with headphones as I apparently hit the pads on the Maschine too hard!?)

Saturdays I try to get an hour in there - usually enough to get a couple of samples in and chopped - not really enough to start a flip going...

HIP HOP SUNDAYS!
ITS ALL ABOUT HIP HOP SUNDAYS!
DON'T BE MESSING WITH MY SUNDAYS, COS I'M STRAIGHT GANGSTA ON A SUNDAY AND I'LL CLICK CLACK A HAMMER ON YO AZZ!!

Battle Points: 5
You never have to complete a beat in one sitting. Just lay out a pattern that you know you can definitely pick back up later and finish it in your down time. True, life is busy I have a 5 month old, and bills too but this music besides my daughter is all i have so i make time for it whether that be when she goes to sleep, or during off days, or what have you. But i never stop doing this, It's my ONLY TRUE outlet to express myself. So if you love your craft as much as me simply put make time for it.

T

TagYourBeats

I really need to start scheduling in slots for making beats...I have lots of cool equipment and sounds, but since I've got married and had a kid spare time is rare lol

For a while I was getting up at 6AM to make beats, knowing that I didn't need to leave work until 8AM. This sounds perfect in theory until my baby kept me up for far too many nights and I ended up getting ill from the lack of sleep. My 9-5 involves serious amounts of concentration too, so I couldn't continue down that route...

I think scheduling time in is the only feasible way. Maybe 3 hours on a Sunday or something.

I miss the days when I was in college, going for 2 and a half days a week, so I literally could make beats and game and do whatever I wanted to do in my spare time, which I had an abundance of.

Life... lol

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i try to make music everyday - i dont really find it hard to find time... but i work at home so i guess its easier for me.... its a drug for me, i need to do ish otherwise i feel all weird and stuff....

members online