how do you get rid of the noise guys

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey how do you guys clean bad quality samples or samples taken from wax.

i use the noise reduction fonction in cool edit, but i need something more powerful

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you guys are on soundforge or cool edit

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
you need Cool Edit Pro, that has lots of good noise reducing features.

sAfE.

C

Carpe Diem

ooooh, you wanna keep that nice crusty dirty sound....

ill o.g.
personally sometimes to me a sample sound sicker with that lil scratch on it, but sumtimes i dont want it cuz its too much i dont really fuck with noise reduction tho cuz usually to me it distorts the sample too much, i fuck with the eq's in fruity loops, n usually that make it sound a lot better

M

mikemusic

I have a Pro Tools noise reduction plug in that is wonderful....and oh yeah, how about cleaning the needle before recording your sample ;D

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
mikemusic said:
I have a Pro Tools noise reduction plug in that is wonderful....and oh yeah, how about cleaning the needle before recording your sample ;D

True. And cleaning the record with alcohol can help sometime too.

M

mikemusic

The-Shadow said:
I like the noise. It's like spice on your food.

Oh no doubt, but in response to your metaphor... Too much spice will actually have a reverse effect and make yo shit taste nasty. I've heard some samples where the crackle overpowers the beat.

W

WalterKronkite

search for "dc art" or diamond cut audio restoration tool

remove the crackle in cooledit, use automatic settings

remove single pops by using fill single click now in the click/pop removal tool (highlight the pop first)

use continuous noise removal for "background noise" (usually a hiss across most if not all freqs)
it helps to get a section(med-long) of the noise without any music or whatever, so be sure to record the silence before samples/music...

Sincerely,
-Walter Leland Kronkite

sometimes u can remove his by using a compressor, or a number.. better still graphical compressor (amplitude->dynamics) and compress the lower end noises, so that you cut the quiet parts and leave the loud parts.. (usually for drums) this can remove presence or reverb

dcart is the dopeness though (fbi used to use this, or may still use the latest version of it)

members online