how do you go about...

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
taking a sample from a dvd or movie ? I use a pc that can play dvds but how can you take the music from the background and use it in a beat chopping program like audition or soundforge?

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Assuming you have an onboard soundcard and it's selected as your default sound and audio device...go to your control panel--->sound/audio devices---->Audio tab--->click volume on the sound recording section, then check either Stereo Mixer or Mono Mixer.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I use soundforge. You need the mpeg plugin,,,most wav editors have this capability. Basically, peep which scene it is, and throw in the dvd. Open up the wav editor that has this capability and then open the scene,,,you should get the video and the wav data. Just copy and paste to new bro.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Opera Populare said:
audition usually picks up every sound that comes thru on ya comp mines was capable of it as soon as i installed it so just see if pressing record will do it if not go to ya sound prefs check if the wav channel is muted if not turn up the volume and see if it works

yeah, i just hit record in audition. if you have a regular dvd player (not one on the pc), you can also just run the outputs from the dvd player to the inputs on your computer and get it that way. the 1st way is quicker though.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
got it thanks for advice