How Do You Know When You Have Something Worth Sampling?

Stick_Man

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
The Feeling i get is like i will keep singing the song in my head and chopping it in my head while im not even in the lab... what happens to yall

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats prety much what i do when i find a sample/loop. problem is th esample doesnt always fit in with ideas you might have. i.e. getting the tempo and pitch how you want it.

one.

C

Carpe Diem

yeah, i just listen through a record...if i like the instruments n melody, then il see if i can fuck with it...if not, put it to one side for later...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
if i sample it then its worthe samplin... no need to smaple it if i aint feelin it or have an idea of how i wanna use it or have an idea of what i want before i even start diggin for the Albums that contain sounds in my head

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I get the goosebumps, then I know Thats the one! Sometimes I like to just get a drum loop goin in fruity loops and play a record on my turntable to the beat, that works good for samples that won't catch your ear right away... Then they get flipped like cheap whores..

Ca$h Pacasso

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I pretty know exactly what i what to do with the song when i hear it. What chops i'll take a how i'll arrange them. Its a beautiful thing.

ill o.g.
Let your ears be your guide, and try to find rare stuff. Bandwagon sampling is lame. Dont sample what everybody else samples. If possible record yourself singing, rapping or playing some notes. Experiment with you recording ( effects, panning, automation)