How do you make a beat w/o words being spit on it yet

glassJAw

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm trying to produce some beats that will eventually have words on it. The issue I have is I usually end up just doing a intro/verse/chorus/verse/outro but when you listen to good hip-hop they always add some variation. This is hard for me because I don't have a rapper on the track. What do you guys do to beat this?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I'm trying to produce some beats that will eventually have words on it. The issue I have is I usually end up just doing a intro/verse/chorus/verse/outro but when you listen to good hip-hop they always add some variation. This is hard for me because I don't have a rapper on the track. What do you guys do to beat this?

Listen to this track (Flo-Rida "Right Round" - double click to go to the YouTube if embedding is disabled.)

This has some of the most basic elements of hip-pop song structure.

I want you to tell to:

1. Identify each portion of the song (example: verse 1, chorus, bridge)
2. Structure song according to the way Flo-Rida's song is structured.
3. Identify any riffs or instrumentation that repeat itself during the song.
4. See where they fit within the song structure.

Report back here, don't ask me any more questions.

Just do it.

C

Chaotic Legacy

Well.. I worked with a rapper called Ereez.. I sent him rough samples of the song.. and if he wanted 4 more bars.. he'd ask for it, and I would do it. If he wanted another verse, there it would be. A lot of rappers these days conform to the beat.. with the rise of hip hop producers selling beats on soundclick.

I think about music, a lot more than the rappers flow on the beat.. cuz its my baby.. not his. lol.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i usually put 6-7 beats on a beat cds that i give to the artists i fuck with every two weeks or so(probably more now that it's summer and i dont got classes). They pick the beats we want, i put the beats they want into pt sessions on a flash drive, and let them do the track over a few diff loops(variations of the beat), and then i arrange the beat around the vocals, so that i can do my drops and mutes where it'll best accentuate, and so that I can more easily comp the vocals.