how do you rate yourself

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo there is many discussions on what yall think about producers in the hiphop scene that has made it. what i want to know is how do you rate yourself as a producer and where do you see yourself 5 years from now in this business.

just thought i`d ask out of curriosity.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
as a producer........ i say i got skills....... i consider myself a experimental and crazy beakmaker..... i like to be very orignal with my compositions...... techincally(mix/levels...etc) im fairly good and im learnin everyday.....creatively im off tha charts..... in 5 years from now i plan to either own a label or have a position of significance at a label.... im a student of tha business as well as production..... i been networkin with a lot of folks lately and i believe that my time is near....in 2004 the kid goona be makin sum moves for self.... i wanna own it(this music ting)... not be a slave to it....

E

Equality 7-2521

i think im reasonably wack at the moment but i think i have the potential to be dope. i feel it all welling up inside me. im a fast learner so hopefully my talent will be heard soon.

5 years from now, if im not making any dough from music, it would be time to rethink for sure.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I suck when it comes to mixing.....i really hate doing it....as far as beats go...i know i got something its just that my skills are not as sharpen as i want them to be....i think the better i get at playing piano the better i will be able to get whats in my head out

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
I think when it comes to making beats and suggesting what type of lyrics to put to them i am very good, i say that because i have let my beats circulate around my area i have only had positive feedback. in five years i see myself with a production deal with a label if i have a manager. i

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
I rate myself a 7. My samplin' skillz are up composin' & mixin' is tight. Although I should be better.. Oh don't sleep on voorheez is know to snap neckz from continuous head bobbin', "CAUTION" beats are heavy and they "BANG".........Me in five years, not a production deal= slavary. I much rather have my own company/team and sell my own beats to known and unknown. Also want to be one them producer/beatmakaz who helds down "dafoundation" of Hip Hop. NExt one to carry datorch!!! Uhuru

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think most of my stuff is kinda boring, every so often there will be glimspes of the where i need to be at, but for the most part i aint up to par.

having said that i feel i have a strong musical vision that if i can realise that vision people will like it, cause people like some of the shit im doing now and i think its wack so when i start making stuff i really like than i imagine alot more peeps is gonna be feeling my stuff.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
As a producer........Im just startin to learn how to use the equipment give me another month or two and Ill be bangin out tracks. As for where I see myself five years form now....heres the plan start my own label down here and put out like 5 artist (including myself) dish out lots of mixtapes and a get some radio spins (got connections with 97.9 and 104 down here) club spins (got connections at 8mile, Ttown, and coco loco) and try to catch the ears of a parent label like interscope or Universal and just go from there. It seems that whenever I get into a group a people trying to accomplish anything I always end up the leader so I ended up takin charge of this project (which is my reason for wanting to learn how to produce so much) basically in 5 years expect to see a new south dynasty.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
honestly i think its not about how do you rate yourself.. because, you can judge yourself a scale of 5, and when people hear you, they might think that you are at 9 ou 10 !!!! So i think it is about how people think about you... It is the same thing for someone saying that they are producing for 5 years.. someone could like more the work of someone who only have 2 years in the business.. It is sooo confusing.. sorry!

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i agree, ratin ya self iz 1ne ting n da audience ratin ya is anotha. i tink dis topic is 4 how peeps rate demselves. id proly giv ma self 7/10 , and am lookin 2 get a 10 in da future

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Originally posted by Producer_GyaL
i dont sing or rap!!! i only produce LOL

you can hear 2 of my beats in the net.. the only problem, the quality is no good : 64kbps

the site is www.hilariousworld.com

you will hear over there 2 of my beats. the first you hear before entering in the site and the second one after you enter in the site.

anyways.....

That shit is hot ..... I'm feelin' your style ..... Good work .... I really like the one after you enter the site.

StraDivaRius

So determined....
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 94
see i agree with Pro Gyal, in the end its how people like your stuff that counts for a business point of view. from a self appreciation point of view i have to say that i am my biggest fan no doubt....I like what i do and i am proud of what i do too... I mean if you dont like what you do how can you go on and do more????even when i sucked i liked what i did!!!!
so all this being said id say i rate myself 9.75/10, i will say 10 when i drop a chart topper.....
Stra

**I just re read my post and it sounds cocky as hell ....