Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
DO you go past the 1970's?
1960's?
Do you look into pop of the 1940's?

Can you sample from the 30's?

Do you go through and are you inspired by music from 1710?
I heard a kick ass song that was actually from 1710 on the radio the other day, sooo many ways to break a song down I learned from it...
I mean this song was like the Justin Timberlake of its time.(That's what the show was about dance music from that era lol)

When you dig , do you just dig for some old ass unheard of record (which is good dont get me wrong) or do you also dig for concepts?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i've sampled everything from thunderstorms to birds to a $1 recorder/flute.

sampling nowadays can't be an obvious once-popular melody that's barely been chopped.. evolution of the hop makes the hip flip the intricate chop!

be the future

--------------------------------------
by the way, Whatup Rel!! hope all has been well

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
^Ditto..

IF it's on vinyl...I'm listening to it....

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont dig becauseeee i dont have a record player or turntable. but i do download albums from 1970's and surrounding decades. lol. sorry if im interfering with the actual diggers, but i just download w/e i can find on blogs.

just curious how u heard a song from 1710 when there would be no recording of it. unless it was the actual song replayed by someone. which then im curious what song it was cuz i wana hear it nowww.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
i dont dig becauseeee i dont have a record player or turntable. but i do download albums from 1970's and surrounding decades. lol. sorry if im interfering with the actual diggers, but i just download w/e i can find on blogs.

just curious how u heard a song from 1710 when there would be no recording of it. unless it was the actual song replayed by someone. which then im curious what song it was cuz i wana hear it nowww.

Because it was a symphony. They can be played in any year and its the same song. :)

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Musically, I think every era has its gems and it's interesting to hear the progression both musically and in terms of recording techniques over the years. In terms of sampling, there's tons of stuff from every era, some of those early recordings on 78s and such have some of the most "organic" and soulful shit I've ever heard.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I will sample absolutely anything. Mp3, vinyl, cd, cassette... I'll take it all. Any genre, any era, anything.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Other countries... thats the only way these days

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
I go all the way back to the first decade of the 1900s with my music. It's amazing how funky some of those guys were when they strummed their little ukeleles (sp?).

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Oh yeah ? Trying to one up me eh?

Well IM gonna sample something from the year 45 BC!!
Actually this thread reminded me that I had a record of medieval music that I hadn't listened to yet. It's got some good stuff, you know harpsichord, lute and shit.

members online