how long do yall take to make a beat??

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i just made my first beat in like six months. it took me like 10 minutes on reason adapted rewired into pt. i think i fell back in love with reason, i need to get the full version. adapted sucks. making the beat is pretty easy its drum swapping that takes the most time. im not really the type to just turn the machine on with no idea of what im doing. I usually have an idea of what i want the beat to sound like. i typically already have the beat mapped out in my head before i turn the equipment on.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
making the beat itself does not take long. For me, its looking for sounds which can take hours of browsing. I probably need to organize my sounds better. but I believe each beat, usually has 1 defining sound which you can either find in no time if you are lucky, or take hours if you are not.

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Timbaland is probably the top dog with the recognizable sounds...it seems like each time I listened to one of his song's I think it might have been "Laff at em" but there was some little clicking thing going off in the background at a high frequency. It was like the sound of a hearing test but it was barely audible...I wonder sometimes if there's some kind of secret frequency or something