How long will the South beat style be on the charts?

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Naw...the problem is all you're hearing in New York is music from the south. Everything down here don't sound like that wipe me down shit. You just hear what you hear in NY so it's not really fair to label the whole south that way. We won't continue this shit though because it's the same story. That fact remains that if you can't push your shit where you live and build a big enough fan base to get on, blame your music or your people because if "your" people support you by the thousands you'll get a deal! Simple as that.

the thing is I know there's other music from the south....and the west....and the midwest....and europe, etc, etc. the question posed was about "southern beats". So the way the question was asked, it kind of lumped it all into one group. For example if you ask me about the West Coast...then I automatically think of Dr. Dre and them....similar sound. East Coast (unfortunately) right now you'd think 50 Cent. So I'd still say, I hope that b.s. don't last much longer.

And why does everything come down to gettin a deal...I understand this is a business...but some of us are really only doin this for the love. Don't get it twisted...I'd love to live off of this music shit...but I would never compromise my character to do so. But you said it, everybody wants to "get a deal", so they'll dick ride somebody else's shit to get on.....and my point is that "south style" beat, it's played...not because I don't like southern hip hop....but because I'm sick of "southern hip hop"....and by that I mean that cookie cutter shit...feel me?

Gran-Dad

WOZART
ill o.g.
Whats on da menu......VARIETY!!

To coin aphrae.."Variety is the spice of Life"

People have a preference of what they like and don't like. It's like going to a restaurant and ordering food you know you like cause you know how it tastes. Every now and then you want to try something a little different and if you like it then you'll order it again.

The musical menu is full of main courses and some entrees. Right now "Dirty South" is a main course and people love its flavor. As long as it's being served hot and spicy, people are gonna eat it up. And because it sells so well, some other restaurants are gonna serve the same thing with a different spice. Young and not so young people love it.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Well believe it or not, the majority of record companies do pick up artists and songs that did create a buzz from the local scene. They don't pick up these dudes and tell them to pull off a gimmick, there was already a local following to the songs on the southern-dance-tip. And as long as these dudes and songs keep generating interest, the southern beats aren't going anywhere.

I just wish there would be more quality control and balance in the music business nowadays but that's a completely different subject...

(fake Relic Inserts) vvv slik's tha real Relic vvv

ur cheatin fake relic...lol... anyway, i agree with u... but the gov't as well as all these high end officials want this, happy, shake yo ass, no uprisin, lets make lots of money without education music... ive learned alot over the last week with the water powered car thread (saltwater) AND believe it or not, the fukkin Kanye Hot 97 interview as well as the tantrum he had backstage.... just to know that we have the chance to change shit, but we wont bcuz everyone is "money hungry" says alot about society in general... bottom line: C.R.E.A.M. and population... noones in a hurry to do anything but stack chips for themselves and their family... fukk the environment, and fukk the next man.

da real

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
the thing is I know there's other music from the south....and the west....and the midwest....and europe, etc, etc. the question posed was about "southern beats". So the way the question was asked, it kind of lumped it all into one group. For example if you ask me about the West Coast...then I automatically think of Dr. Dre and them....similar sound. East Coast (unfortunately) right now you'd think 50 Cent. So I'd still say, I hope that b.s. don't last much longer.

And why does everything come down to gettin a deal...I understand this is a business...but some of us are really only doin this for the love. Don't get it twisted...I'd love to live off of this music shit...but I would never compromise my character to do so. But you said it, everybody wants to "get a deal", so they'll dick ride somebody else's shit to get on.....and my point is that "south style" beat, it's played...not because I don't like southern hip hop....but because I'm sick of "southern hip hop"....and by that I mean that cookie cutter shit...feel me?

Naw..I don't feel you. If southern hip hop died 2morrow and the east came back with a vegence you'd be content. You wouldn't be screaming "damn where that southern hip hop" go? You're argument would not be the same because you'd be hearing exactly what you like 24/7 365 and nothing else. Let's be real and not sugar coat this shit. I respect your opinion though, you're entitled to it and I'll leave it at that.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
most of us just want diversity on the radio... thats it... why is it that the underground scene is so diverse, yet the mainstream isnt... alot of groups in the underground need to be shinin as well... not trapped in the underground with little or no radio play... Hip Hop radio would be alot healthier than it is... right now, its terrible... trx thats simple, rhymes thats simpler... cmon, thats nothin but money talkin... noone sticks their neck out to take a chance on a group anymore... they just want to stik to a formula, and run with it til the well runs dry... thats it... thats why 50 is laggin behind in sells to Kanye.

da real

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Naw..I don't feel you. If southern hip hop died 2morrow and the east came back with a vegence you'd be content. You wouldn't be screaming "damn where that southern hip hop" go? You're argument would not be the same because you'd be hearing exactly what you like 24/7 365 and nothing else. Let's be real and not sugar coat this shit. I respect your opinion though, you're entitled to it and I'll leave it at that.

I love when people try to tell me my opinion. One of my favorite groups is Outkast....what they don't count? And I think the east coast hip hop scene is garbage right now. So don't try and summarize my opinions dog...it is what it is. I just want REAL hip hop to come back!

B

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Let me get on some Lil Jon shit right now.....OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
ALL FUCKIN JUNGLE ASS STUPID BEATBOXIN RAP MUSIC MUST DIE!!!

-Thats what I came up havin to hear , so Im just glad its big enough we can actually sit here and argue about it..
"This aint a game to entertain its a life style, purists persecute makin me hostile.."
-Me circa '88

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Just asking. I think its time for a change, everyone has there own style, but it comes and goes. Seems like we are in an 80's style rewind for the music.

Whats ya'll opinion?

Its funnie that you say that cause I've been telling cats that for a min, especially when you listen to that new Kanye album (production wise). But I think that Down South style is not going anywhere I just think it will get placed back on the shelf one that BOO BAP D.I.T.C. stlye picks back up.