How Many Beats Do You Have?

ill o.g.
Im just tryin to understand how much music people have compared to how much is on peoples soundclick page. Cuz some might look at a page and say this kid sucks even though hes got 20 Bangers at home that he dont want no one to hear yet. Or some might look at somebodys page and say this kid has 5 Beats on his page and there all fiya. Even though those are his only good beats that he ever made.

My Question isnt just how many beats do you have but also do you only post some of your beats or are those all your good ones?

Myself have boxes of disks for beats ive done on my Computer and about 30 Beats ive done on my EPS16+. But i have plenty of bangers that are too good and im afraid of them bein bootlegged, that i dont post online. The beats on my soundclick page are all beats that i dont really care about and am just tryin to sell.

THANKS

PEACE

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
yah Deuce, im with you .... on my first pc, i made about 150 beats...most of which you guys heard, (thats when i used to post in the showcase EVERY week) ...well, that hard drive cvrashed. fuck em anyway, they were old.... i now have 2 computers, both have about 40GB of work each, prolly about another 300...

a beat a day, a beat a day...that used to be my philosophy, im bringing it BACK!
-hopps

as for quality tracks, i prolly got about 70 tracks (completely recorded with vocals) that are fucking fire.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
i'm w/ duece i have well over 200+ trk, in all different types of format, midi, wav, cda....etc....all quality stuff, some better then others....

E

Equality 7-2521

4 which im satisfied with enough to release.

bout 10 or so other beats which i aint putting out there yet.

dam i been producing for like a year. whats wrong with me lol.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Helix over the winter and spring, i was doing 3 beats a night, I post snippets of the throw away beats 1-2 min. of the main part, and most of the time I was write to throw them away they were garbage, but my good stuff is waiting for my boy to get out of lock down so we can work for real

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i got about 70 beats in the time ive been producing ( 3 and a half months ) not all are good or completely finished but i never delete anything sumtime ive come back to sumthing i thought woz crap and come up with something dope ! If i do sumthing good i'll let people hear it thought there is tracks that i enjoy that id never really post up here etc as they are just me messing around !

ill o.g.
Damn.

You guys got some good lineups. Phonetiks kickin all are asses though.lol

Since the last couple months, ive been making a lot of beats, but after that 2 hours sitting there and finding and editing all my samples and sequencing them mixing eqing and all that, if its just a good beat, or i just think its ok, i delete it. I might leave it for 3 more days to go back and see if i can add somethin else that might make it better, but if its still just good after those 3 days then i completely delete it. I think thats helpin me. Cuz ive Probly made about 40-50 beats in the last 3 months and i only kept about 18 of them. But there all beats that im feelin like i dont hafto say "well this was isnt real good." Im feelin all the beats that i keep from now on.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
been producing for at least 5 or 6 years....I have spindles of cd's, adats, smartmedia cards, hardrive folders full and minidiscs of finished beats a great amount of high quality beats....I have lost count of how many beats I actually have though....I would bet at least a few thousand easily.....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
quote from Micheal@midicase with a good point to it
So what's so special about this? I can dial through a few hundred patches on a dozen pieces of equipment in a matter of minutes by only touching the MPC track-/+ buttons with one hand and master controller keys/program change with the other hand. A great time saver arrangement when I have an idea on the top of my head and need to get it out. In an inspirational moment I can whack out and entire song in 15-20 minutes. This is probably why I don't have that much recorded. If you could blow snot out of your nose every half hour would you keep any of it?

I personaly dont keep track, more of a fire n forget principle.

ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
quote from Micheal@midicase with a good point to it

I personaly dont keep track, more of a fire n forget principle.

Thats why i do the thing where i delete tracks that are just ok. So its pretty much just practice for when i need to make a quick beat for an mc in the studio.