How many beats have you made... like throughout your life?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I think in recent years I had about 100-300 beats per year. Some just starting ideas. We'll see what my output is like when I get my new computer setup but I have a lot less time than usual.

It can really be a numbers game tho - sometimes I say the first beat is shit make the second beat using the first beat and it'll sound good. Its like say every 1 out of 10 beats is "the one", you better make 10 beats as quick as you can to find the gem. It becomes a process of learning early on when a beat "isn't the one" so you can drop it and move on or use the same sounds but new composition.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I think in recent years I had about 100-300 beats per year. Some just starting ideas. We'll see what my output is like when I get my new computer setup but I have a lot less time than usual.

It can really be a numbers game tho - sometimes I say the first beat is shit make the second beat using the first beat and it'll sound good. Its like say every 1 out of 10 beats is "the one", you better make 10 beats as quick as you can to find the gem. It becomes a process of learning early on when a beat "isn't the one" so you can drop it and move on or use the same sounds but new composition.
how many years have you been at it?

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
On this PC, 52 in various states of completion. But probably a bit closer to 100 overall. I started out as a rapper, but i kinda branched off and tried my hand at making beats very inconsistently quite a few years ago. Its really only been the past few that I started leaning into the production side and trying to figure it out. Pretty much since the beginning of the year that I signed up here, maybe the year before.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 145
I know I got over like 200 on my computer! I was goin through some today and deleted a lot of old unfinished ones. I have 106 on my beatstars haven’t updated in awhile just been focusing on getting better and sharpening my skills