How many beats you making???

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
Yesterday I did five. i was inspired by something I came across on youtube and gave me that spark. That's also only from being home due ti the virus. Once i go back to work it will be maybe two to three on Sat when I have time.

I never finish anything unless there's a deadline.
that used to be me, but I got fed up of having every beat unfinished and when an artist wanted to hear something, it was usually never finished or even bounced to a wav or mp3. Try to finish stuff, at least when you are put on the spot and asked for some beats, you have plenty ready at hand and finished. You can always come back and change things, just keep all the source files.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Yesterday I did five. i was inspired by something I came across on youtube and gave me that spark. That's also only from being home due ti the virus. Once i go back to work it will be maybe two to three on Sat when I have time.

Nice! I had a similar thing recently, i discovered something new, made 2 new core ideas tho, as tryingto learn the thing and not actually sure I'm doing it right haha.

I never finish anything unless there's a deadline.

Haha yeah that's me.

How many beats are you making per day / week???

Swear some of you are posting like 20 full tracks each in the showcase then have beats also for the comps.

Movin like you're making a full track every hour?
Lmao I try to average 1 beat / day.

Sometimes though, I wont make a beat for a week, especially if I feel like my music is getting stale. I'll pull-back and listen to music / watch tutorials.

I think making more than 3 beats / day is kinda pointless, but that's just my opinion. Every beat I'm trying to implement something new, and if I can't, I'm not really improving..

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
probably one a week but i think its normal to have periods where you dont feel inspired im definitly like that when i write or improv on guitar, i was really annoyed yesterday cuz i had a cool drum track but couldn't find anything to play over it, best thing i think is to take a break and recharge your creative juices pushing yourself to make something isn't good if its just not coming out the way you want :)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Yeah @slimegreenbeats @Crispifier kinda hybrid of these two points plus one more...

I think sometimes you just have to make, just plat whatever. Churn out uncensored uninhibited ideas. That way you get something good and natural becauseit comes from feeling as opposed to thought.

It's definitely good to learn something - i tryingto do that now. But it's important to not be too "thinky" in every beat you make.

And yeah Crispi i solved that problem by playing from feel... just play - if it don't quite feel rightor good, ditch it. Tap into your feel and when something catchesyou, keep it.

If it's a good idea but not rightfor your current project, saveit somewhere.

That's how I'm moving now.

You cant force creativity, when you are ready the creative juices will flow, when you are not, they wont, you cant force it.
Like @slimegreenbeats said take a break, watch tutorials, listen to music to get inspired, try something completely different like a completely different genre. Keeping things interesting the half the battle so that we dont stagnate, always try new things, new techniques you picked up in the tutorials and as @Iron Keys said, keep churning them out while you are creative because thats where the experience comes from

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
For myself, to make a good beat and do it it's justice mixing and all that- takes at least 6-8 hours from start to finish. If I had everything on my DAW's set up nice and streamlined with a bunch of nice presets I already made I could shave some time off that. Realistically, on a day off I'll make one beat max. I don't have the focus to just sit there and bang out song after song. Trying to get there, but between learning things, getting comfortable applying them, and putting it all together- that takes a lot of time.

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
You cant force creativity, when you are ready the creative juices will flow, when you are not, they wont, you cant force it.
Like @slimegreenbeats said take a break, watch tutorials, listen to music to get inspired, try something completely different like a completely different genre. Keeping things interesting the half the battle so that we dont stagnate, always try new things, new techniques you picked up in the tutorials and as @Iron Keys said, keep churning them out while you are creative because thats where the experience comes from

IMO probably the best thing to do when not feeling creative is find beats to remake. I almost always get inspiration when I'm tweaking sounds trying to match them to an existing beat. I end up getting sidetracked making some other beat with some sick new preset I made.

maklopp

I think the best thing is to go in with no pressure but still with a certain mindset to make a good number of decent beatts per day or week. also depends on the type of beat and purpose. some producers pump out same sounding beats for mixtape artists or to sell beats but then theres some who focus more on quality and uniqueness for each beat which would technically take more time.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I think the best thing is to go in with no pressure but still with a certain mindset to make a good number of decent beatts per day or week. also depends on the type of beat and purpose. some producers pump out same sounding beats for mixtape artists or to sell beats but then theres some who focus more on quality and uniqueness for each beat which would technically take more time.

Haha thanks I found this quite encouraging :)