How many hardcore Ableton users?

AKP

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
How many people are using ableton as their main sequencing/recording applicaton?

Also who all have taken advantage of Ableton's Mackie Control where you can use the Yamaha Motif's remote button to control pretty much all of Abletons parameters?

AKP

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
For everybody that don't know about Live...

Ya'll don't know what ya'll missing. I just recently gave it a spin, and wow.

Wow. It makes the creative juices flowwwwwwww....

If I didn't have like 150 beats in Logic, I would sell it tomorrow and buy Live.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i had live lite.. and i wasnt impressed, but im sure it was just cuz it was lite.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
i got live 4. i studied the shit inside out too. i got the csi master dvd tutorial. man it is very powerful, i just havent had to use it much yet because i usually complete all of my tracks inside of reason and just burn em to cd. plus im waiting until i get my new soundcard so i could hook up my asr and mic to it. but man it is powerful though, very, but then again, its the only recording software ive ever owned so it didnt take much to blow me away compared to using a roland vs-880 for 7 yrs. hit me up or pm me if u got questions, or shit i might have some for u...

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i fuck with Ableton live 4 and it is heavy. people really don't know what they are missing. I had a bootleg version of live 5 but it stopped working (don't crucify me, its one of the only program that can't be bootlegged anyways) so i went back to my licensed version. but if you can get live 5 do so its not a joke.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I use Live as my main sequencer.. i even chop some of my samples in it... just load em up in the arrangement view.. and then i can just copy paste the fuck out of it...

I think it's the shit, plus it sounds real good...

if u got questions maybe i can answer some..

Peace

O

open mind

does it supports VST plugins like sampletank n shit like dat ?
does it have a drum pattern like fl studio ?

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
bigrob said:
does it supports VST plugins like sampletank n shit like dat ?
does it have a drum pattern like fl studio ?

Yeah it supports vsts and it's hella easy for it two... and it does also support the drumpattern..

U just mean like a midi thing to make ur drums in right? Yeah u just load up the Impulse drummachine on a midi track and bust the shit outta that drums ...

U get me?

One...

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
i got live lite 4 when i bought my M Audio Trigger Finger. Messed with it a little. pretty nice looking. i'm about to check out live lite 5. personlly it was hard to get into, being that I'm used to using FL Studio all the time. But Live seemed dope nonetheless. I think I'm gonna dig into it a little bit more. if anybody got some pointers/tips...SHARE THE WEALTH!!! lol.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
^^^^I agree...98% of the user reviews i read online from actual users all say they love it and its the best thing since sliced bread and buffie the body's booty... i've started dabbling with it more and more. when i get a new soundcard i'll hook it up with my asr-x and reason.

L'Architect

ill o.g.
Very, very dope program when you get into it. I'm an only software user, so I went from Cubase SX as my main pre-production tool, to Live 5, and the work flow is so much faster.

Just try it out, also it has the power to be ur main DAW as well. I use it with Kontakt and Battery and I love the speed of getting ideas down and reworking things, def. suits my style.

TheDragon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use Abelton Live with Reason and I hope to use both of those with protools in the near future. At first it was pretty hard to use, but after a few sessions it was easy to use. My main gripe is with the sampler, but the instruments library they have for it is pretty ill.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yeah live is dope ... the verison i got is crazy buggy tho... gotta upgrade.. and it works like shit using the digi 002's core audio driver (ewww) ... but its a sweet program if u got the right hardware to with it .. (def sucks to use with the digi 002 because of the bad drivers)

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yea i got Live 6 and I love it, i rewire reason to it and do all my mixing and effects into that. I also do all of my recording too into Live, love the warp mode and everything, it can find tempos and all, real sweet program. I wouldn't say I am a master with it but I am still learning and it is madd powerful.