How Many Heads Here Have Worked With Industry MCs?

S

Spen Zilla

I have some deals lined up but nothing has sprung out yet. Who here is dealing on that level? Just curious so we all can know whether advice given is credible or just talk that's come through the wire.

S

Spen Zilla

i guess ya could =)

i've done tracks with an underground MC who got Bizzy Bone on one of the tracks and Main Flow on the other.. nothing special though. i stay grindin!!

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Spen Zilla said:
i guess ya could =)

i've done tracks with an underground MC who got Bizzy Bone on one of the tracks and Main Flow on the other.. nothing special though. i stay grindin!!

shit you on the right track pimpin keep it up...jus keep doin what you doin and eventually someone will notice you...just keep puttin yourself out there and make sure you gettin yo credits..

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
jmaafia said:
if you count a producing spot on an official c-rayz walz remix working with an industry mc...

I like C Rayz Walz, I bought a def jux album a few years back with one of his viedo's on it. It was Dope.. Do ya thang Jm, if in a few years I get reaal dope you need to hookup a collabo!!

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
... I'm currently workin w/ someone who got Wordsworth on his upcomin project... wish I had laid the track w/ Words on it though...lol

D

DaFunkDocta2004

Sigh...

well, I worked with this cat for a couple years before he signed with Universal: Canibus. He was in Bladensburg, MD for a long time, and he and I met on a Black College Tour. Had a great friendship, did tons of demos. Stayed tight when he got with LB's manager, when he moved to Atlanta, even after he got with Clef. BUT, when the beef with LL started, he lumped me in with everyone else who must have "wanted something" from him. He hurt my family when he burned me -- my moms kept his skinny-ass fed -- but it was definitely a lesson learned. When I was trying to new stuff with him before he got the Universal deal, he gave me some excuse about being accustomed to "studio quality" tracks, basically knocking me down hard just cuz I couldn't afford a computer at the time. It was a big eye-opener. The story is much more detailed, but y'all just wanted to know about "indsutry MCs"...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
yeah funkdoc i can see how when people start makin cash they'd look for excuses to burn bridges so as not to stretch their resources too far but that was some shitty shit. you were takin care of him ect.. then to get lumped up like that. nice story though and experience for you

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Im currently working on a mixtape with DJ Mastamind and Pit Bull (and possibly Stat Quo)

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
I put out a cd four years ago on my record label and I had Bun-B feature on the lead single. I also was under the same managment company as Bushwick Bill when he took his hiatus from Rap-A-Lot for a few years. We actually did a compilation Cd together where he was on about 3 or 4 songs off the cd. My group actually produced the lead single where we toured and promoted the cd, opening up for trina, trick daddy and a bunch of southern tracks. other notable moments include opening up for LL Cool J, Ying Yang Twins, and Mr. cheeks on three seperate occasions at MTV Club Lavela in panama city-This was all b/t 2000-2001. business a little slow lately, coming up with a new game plan. Just moved to houston.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
LocZ said:
I did a track wit " Roc " from heltah skeltah .....and a up an coming artists named panama red & verbal kent they underground but they making power moves to get heard and in the game they werkin wit swiss as we speak and ruff riders might put them out there to0

hey i dig Roc an the entire BCC! nice moves

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
I recorded Ed-OG and KrumbSnatcha when I was working at Boston Skyline Studios in Boston. My roommate (who worked there too) was tryina get good levels but he was high as fuck and had no sleep so he asked me to take over.

When I worked in NYC at Soundtrack I got to work w/ Joan Jett (I know she's no mc) but she was cool as hell. She walked to Starbucks with me, ordered a Triple-shot Soy Latte and they didn't have soy milk. We walked to Associated Supermarkets on 22nd & Park and bought some, then went back... she was like, "Like I said, can I have a Triple-shot Soy Latte, and whatever he wants..."

Met the Beastie Boys, helped em order food @ the studio, but didn't get to work with em. I woulda worked with so many more people if the studio still wanted to do business with MCs. Kanye West called to book time for a night and they said No. What the fuck? Busta used to practically live there, and recorded like 3 or 4 albums there, but he moved to his own studio in Tribeca before I got there. I was like a year late for this damn studio. I checked the booking schedule and ALL these sessions used to be booked. Big Pun, Jay-Z, Method & Redman, Busta, Rah Diggah, Mobb Deep... Oh, it would say "Havoc from Mobb Deep" in the schedule, booked for like a solid week, and then for the next 3 weeks it would say "Loud Records - Artist's name not on schedule for security reasons"... Musta had Mobb Beef w someone.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
My team just worked with :

Tom Gist (Dipset) and Choppa (Bad Boy) . . . We also worked with Big Cas (Atlantic), 354 (D-Block), Mango (Desert Storm), St. Laz (Pottersfield), Siz Sizzerb, Ike Eyes (Dipset/Purple City), and a few more as well . . .

Were dropping a mixtape within the next month or so and these artists will be dropping on our tape over our productions . . .

M

Musha

Awol one just recorded to one of my tracks for a ringtone project

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
i just finished a track with vanilla ice, ice cube, and ice t...right now actually, we're leaving the studio to go get some vanilla iced tea.

not really though.

on the real, i finished the remix for c-rayz and me and him might do a collabo track when we both have time. i am SO pumped about this...hah im not even gonna act like i didnt jump up and down like a schoolboy when we decided to do this shit...if everything pulls through i'll let illmuzik know whats up...

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
major league music group

me and my my partners production comapny 2005 credits were

tego calderon new album off<atlantic?.. 6 tracks all making his album

tony touch & pitbull.. new album on <emi> reggaetony had a teack with him and pitbull on it..

tru life <def jam> for his new album two tracks

another major artist that i cant disclose jus yet cuz he hasnt even told his label that he doing this album... but this one is sure to be a classic album and the track we doing is major major...

nina sky we about to get in the studio with,,

and the momentum is jus getting started..

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
LocZ said:
I did a track wit " Roc " from heltah skeltah .....and a up an coming artists named panama red & verbal kent they underground but they making power moves to get heard and in the game they werkin wit swiss as we speak and ruff riders might put them out there to0

I did a remix for Ruste Juxx that will be on an up and coming Duckdown Mix CD. Duckdown is the shit, hands down my favorate reocrd label