How many here own a piece?

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Deuce's story and the fact that I have a wife and son to protect made me curious. My mind has been considering looking into protection for a minute, but on the other hand, I'm afraid because of my small son. In which scenario is he safer? I don't know if there is an answer.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
i would never have a gun in my house period. but for people who feel they need one, i would never own one if i had a kid any younger than fuckin like, 15 or 16. just cuz accidents happen. however, if they are old enough to drive and are responsible enough not to kill themself in a car, then i think they would be responsible enough not to fuck with a gun. however, i would never own a gun anyway just because i don't like them. but i really would suggest you find another way to protect yourself. stock up on some mace or something. something that isn't gonna have an effect which you could regret for the rest of your life. that's my opinion. i think the chance that you would not only get robbed, but be in danger of your son or wife getting hurt is highly unlikely. it's one thing for someone to steal shit, it's another for them to hurt another human being. y'know? sure people are willing to break in and take some shit that's not theirs because the consequences aren't that bad. but for hurtin/killin a wife or child, now that's just straight up prison for you. that OR your ass will get capped for revenge. so i think you're better off without a gun.

T

The Bastard

If Theres A Kid In The House And I Lived In The Nieghborhood Where I Felt I Needed It I Might Have One But Definatly In A Gun Safe Box Sum Place High. But I Feel Safe Enough Knowin I Hav A Hockey Stick And A Kitana Sword In My Room . Plus I Live In A 2nd Floor Apartment

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I have a GLOCK .45 ACP classic edition

I got it at Wal-Mart for my 21st b-day in 02. I really like to shoot(targets), since i was a kid.
If you getting a gun for home protection don’t get anything under a .40 caliber.
The reason why is the smaller the bullet the faster the velocity (which is bad in small spaces) that means that if you fire on an intruder, the bullet will pass threw them and become a stray. With .40 cal and above the bullet is larger and they intruder gets the FULL impact of the bullet. There is no blow trew That’s very important especially for home protection

honestly owing a gun for home protection is kinda iffy, especially with a kid in the house.
you could lock it up real well but that defeats the purpose of having it if u cant get to it easily when u need it.(you don’t have enough time to unlock a safe at night and load it when a robber is in the house)

If u do decide to go with a gun in the house i would go with a ruger or smith and wesson.

Glocks are the best handguns but they dont have safeties. Thats there biggest strength, u can cock a glock and leave it like that indefinitely because the hammer is internal. But that also means a safety on a glock would be useless

Other guns like rugers,smif and wessions, etc.. have external hammers, which allow for safeties. But once they are cocked IF you drop them they have a risk of going off cause the hammer is external. Revlovers are like that too.

IF u got specifc questions hit me up

class.....

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Yo man, I knew a kid that accidentally shot himself in the head in third grade. If you get one make sure it has a trigger lock or something.

T

The Bastard

yeah my boy accidentally shot sum1 through the elbow with a rifle ,if u gettin 1 def safety first

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if you have a gun in the house eventually the kid will find it and he will play with the gun... in my house my parents didn't have no guns... but in most of my friend's houses there were guns and we were play with them... i do not support guns at all...

iLLVA1

Hitman for Hire
ill o.g.
tricky spinz said:
sure people are willing to break in and take some shit that's not theirs because the consequences aren't that bad. but for hurtin/killin a wife or child, now that's just straight up prison for you. that OR your ass will get capped for revenge. so i think you're better off without a gun.

You are legally allowed to shoot someone who breaks into your home. You just cant shoot him if he leaves...say he breaks in and you pull a gun on him and he runs out. You cant chase him out and shoot him...then thats when you get in trouble. But they can't get you if somebody broke into YOUR house and you shot them. But keep it up high where a child cant get to it and they also have those locks that you put through the actual gun where you load the clip and you cock the gun back and stick the lock through there. But yea i have a 40.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Cheddar Bob.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got an old gloc 17, I don't know where ya'll from but where I'm at you need something to keep a motherfucker from crawling in your window!!

It's true that kids are nosy and will snoop. I was about to shoot one of my boys when I was 13-14 with my mothers 38 special, but we just fought it out!

Good info class, also revolvers are better for killing a man, they leave no casings at the scene!

For home protection get a Pitbull better yet a Rottweiler or in my neighbors case 2

classic

ill o.g.
LOL@poe and erkl

I dident mean to sound gun crazy, ive just been around them since i was a kid

THats how u know alot of these rappers are fake ganstas, you always hear cats talking about 9mm and shit. ANyone who knows anything about guns knows that 9mm are not effective at all.

If someone is running at you , you can hit thme with 10 shots from a 9mm and unless its a head shot they will keep coming becasue the bullets are too small. They dont have any stopping power and they will pass right threw the person. Now the person will evenutally go down(aftern the adreline wheres off) but not after they have done any harm to you.

if you get hit with a .40 or espcially a .45. You will fly backwards and have a large impact wound. Thats becasue the bullet is larger and the full impact is taken out on the body

There is a down side to .45 its alot harder to controll becasue of the kick back. Thats why most police forces use .40 cal becasue its a good compromise between power and kick back(espically for smaller female officers)

But yea if i was in the game(which im not, im a grad student!!! lol) i wouldent get caught dead with a 9mm. That 9mm aint hurting nothing but sequirlls

jaydub23510 said:
I got an old gloc 17, I don't know where ya'll from but where I'm at you need something to keep a motherfucker from crawling in your window!!

Yea 17's have a nice feel but thats the 9mm version right. I have the glock 30

glocks are most definaly the handgun of choice

class...

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
Yea 17's have a nice feel but thats the 9mm version right. I have the glock 30

glocks are most definaly the handgun of choice

class...

yea, I've had my thang since I was at VSU, since 96, probably will have it another 20years, I've had lorcins, jennings, bryco, all the lil $100 handguns don't waste your loot, spend the 300- 500 and get a Gloc,s&w, h&k, I work for the fed and our officers carry H&K, very light, great action

classic

ill o.g.
I just wanna emphize to everyone Im not a wanna be gansta or some wanna be thug casue i got a piece. Ive been shooting since i was 13 and i enjoy shooting sports.

Honestly if i dident shoot ,and i had a kid, i probolloy wouldent have a gun in my house. BGecasue if you want to have a gun for protection you have to have easy access to it.

Right now i keep the glock cocked and ready to go. But when i have kids i probbolly will keep it lock tightly away in a combination lock safe

class.....

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
I just wanna emphize do everyone Im not a wanna be gansta or some wanna be thug casue i got a piece. Ive been shooting since i was 13 and i enjoy shooting sports.

Honestly if i dident shoot ,and i had a kid, i probolloy wouldent have a gun in my house. BGecasue if you want to have a gun for protection you have to have easy access to it.

Right now i keep the glock cocked and ready to go. But when i have kids i probbolly will keep it lock tightly away in a combination lock safe

class.....

That's what's up, I've been a gun owner since i was 13, my step dad was this country bama from NC. he used to take me hunting in the woods between NC and VA very country area with mad wildlife, EDUCATION is the key when you have kids in the house and firearms, show them that guns are dangerous, and you shouldn't have a problem, I feel what you say CLASSIC and you are very correct, I just like my guns smaller, cause I got small hands, I used to rock a lil .22 til someone I know got shot in the head damn near point blank and lived, so I got a 13 shot .380 which I gave to my momma, and I brought the Gloc 17, and I still got my 12 gauge shot gun with bird and buck shots, but you right, guns are not something to glorify, it's a part of southern heritage, like white boys with pickups and gun racks!!

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Damn I only thought it was hicks and hillbillys that Go to shooting ranges and Hunting no Offence thats just the idea i got from watchin Bowling for Columbine
Anyways im From Canada u cant just walk into Walmart or a store down the road and buy a gun here which im glad Cuz we GOt to many Counterfits walkin around in T.O

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
are guns in America only $500?!!

in the UK your lucky to get an air rifle for that price! seriously.

anyone got a tec or an uzi or any kind of automatic?

sAfE.

classic

ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
are guns in America only $500?!!

in the UK your lucky to get an air rifle for that price! seriously.

anyone got a tec or an uzi or any kind of automatic?

sAfE.

Man u can get a gun here at walmart for $250. The high end hand guns are 500-1000 dollars. I had an AK-47 got it at a gun show for $125 i enjoyed shooting that , those are some powerful wepons. I was shooting threw 6 inch steal at 250 yards

i gave it to my friend for his b-day

class.....

members online