How many people still buy music?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
With music mostly being digital these days and easily accessible, I was just curious how many of people still buy new music?

For myself, I still buy music, whether records (new) or digital. I try to support artists I really like.

How about you?

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I mainly collect rare CDs from the 90s and rarely listen to much past 2000+, though I support artists like Trae/Z-Ro and Nipsey Hussle. I would never purchase MP3s.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I buy some new music, I still go out digging for vinyl and I do a lot of digital digging for old and extremely rare music.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I will say this, I've noticed a BIG decline in file sharing...I'm not sure if people just aren't that interested in it anymore or what but I can tell that there's been a drop in it. Thats why I feel it's so important to grab whatever you can. Unless things change, all music is gonna be rare 10 years from now.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
New stuff? No. There's nothing out there that makes me wanna run out and buy it, because nowadays if I buy something I'd rather it be on vinyl, I have no use for CD's.

Old stuff? Yes. I love finding old stuff on vinyl, from rock to pop to rap.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
[URL="

Under $300, get music via usb, thumb drive or external HD. no needles, proper setup (tone arm, weight adjustments, tracking, alignment) to worry about...CD's last a lot longer than vinyl and are a lot easier to find. Very similar feel to vinyl...it just goes on and on...if anything get 1 and try it out.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Na, it's just that a few years back I got rid of all my CD's, I have them all on hard drives now, and now with Traktor I really don't have a need for CD's at all.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I havent felt compelled to buy music in years. Nor have I really liked an album in years

I will say this, I've noticed a BIG decline in file sharing...I'm not sure if people just aren't that interested in it anymore or what but I can tell that there's been a drop in it. Thats why I feel it's so important to grab whatever you can. Unless things change, all music is gonna be rare 10 years from now.

Its easier to stream from Utube than it is to hunt down the correct, working torrent and get it seeded

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
yeah I agree, but TRUE music lovers want Discographies, not singles...lol. I am guilty of grabbing a few hard to find singles from the tube though.

I visited another website (I forgot the name) they just posted the tube video and thats how they did their flips...lol

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yeah I agree, but TRUE music lovers want Discographies, not singles...lol. I am guilty of grabbing a few hard to find singles from the tube though.

I visited another website (I forgot the name) they just posted the tube video and thats how they did their flips...lol

YouTube rips are the shit!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i download all the old school stuff mainly because they are hard to get, and if there is a song i like i use itunes. havent bought a whole album in a couple of years.

Persistent_VS

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I see you buy records, vinyl, mp3, all these different formats and its cool, but what about people that can't buy any music legally?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
How many are buying HipHop/Rap??

members online