How many producers here used to rhyme?

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Man, i used to love rhyming... And i wasn't bad at all, but it seems that i just can't do it anymore and now that my beats are on what i feel to be an "acceptable level." I want to start again... How many producers here used to rhyme? I miss them days of jackin the hottest instrumental from the internet and comin home from school to do a track with my cheap ass setup (Headphones for a mic, and acid 2.0)... Anyways it's like this, maybe some emcee's from illmuzik can help me on this one... When i'm writing or attemt to write it's like i just completely lose interest or i just judge myslef too much, u know what i mean? I don't want to sound like anyone else who rhymes but for some reason when i write i feel like im sounding too much like this cat or that cat, so i stop and just toss the rhymes... Honestly, i know i could be ill if i could just break this barrier but I just can't for some reason... Whats the problem here?

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
practice man.... in the beginning, your style WILL sound like other shit, cause those are your influences... just keep doing it, keep those rhymes, record them, study them, and keep writing more... dont throw anything away, push it to the fullest

ive taken MCs that were "so-so" in the beginning, and now they are lyrical heavyweights..

but they practiced their asses off, and just kept writing...

You will get better, and a personal style should develop in the process

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i used to rhyme...when i stopped i had enuff verses to make three solo lps

gotta practie when me and my cuzin started he couldnt rhyme on beat, but hes nice so u gotta pratice practice practice..

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i used to rhyme, everywhere, skool, home, parties, all over the place. but i just stopped when i got into beats, they take up all the time i used to write lyrics with.

M

MIKELABZ

used to rhyme?
yea i used to rhyme.
then i came back.
then i used to rhyme.
then i came back.
on and on...
till i got confident in what i was saying.
now i produce myself.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
yeh i did. still would like to do it, but id rather spend money on production equipment than good mics etc..

ill o.g.
I used to.
I had 7 or 8 notebooks filled cover-2-cover with rhymes. I only stopped cuz i was rhymin to much about guns and i feel like the last thing hip-hop needs right nnow is another kid rhymin bout guns.

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I used to rhyme a lot. I even won a redbull freestyle comp in my city. I stopped when I got in to beats. But I still write though.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo i am startin up to rhyme but i am mostly just practicing freestylin and shit, but i really want to get into writing its just i can never get my words out like i want it or its just stuck up their and can't get them out so i get fustrated and throw it away i pretty much feel like exampul, but i am learning how to freestyle a little bit but i am wack as hell but i am going to keep at it.

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
helix said:
I used to.
I had 7 or 8 notebooks filled cover-2-cover with rhymes. I only stopped cuz i was rhymin to much about guns and i feel like the last thing hip-hop needs right nnow is another kid rhymin bout guns.

there will always be a place for guns

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
i wanted to make a few tracks.......but i make better beats than i write rhymes......in my opinion.....

i wound up doing one song......just to say i did one...lol

now its just beats....

IL Lusciato

ill o.g.
MIKELABZ said:
AND APPARENTLY PEDOPHILE CLOWNS NAMED RONALD MCDONALD.

hahaahahahhahaah........

and yeah i ryme im real good or ppl tell me...production is deff my number one thing...but im puttin out some local stuff...to get my philosophies out n stuff...not tryin to make ne huge moves tho.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Alright...

eXampuL_oNe said:
Man, i used to love rhyming...I miss them days of jackin the hottest instrumental from the '''internet''' and comin home from school to do a track with my cheap ass setup (Headphones for a mic, and acid 2.0)...

LMAO...damn, I feel old [and I'm not]. He said 'Jackin beats from the Internet.' Wow..when I started rhyming, I was a Kid bangin' beats along side Premo , Diamond D and Pete Rock n'nem ::now THOSE were the days::

Hip Hop is all in me. I write rhyms still. Mostly 'ghost writing' for gun totin' dudes who sell millions. I'm also a songwriter producing and penning 'many' songs for RnB divas with 'delicious curves.'

Supa
-Ascap's Golden child...
Fade, did I reveal too much of myself? LOL

M

MIKELABZ

SuPa'PrOduZa said:
LMAO...damn, I feel old [and I'm not]. He said 'Jackin beats from the Internet.' Wow..when I started rhyming, I was a Kid bangin' beats along side Premo , Diamond D and Pete Rock n'nem ::now THOSE were the days::

Hip Hop is all in me. I write rhyms still. Mostly 'ghost writing' for gun totin' dudes who sell millions. I'm also a songwriter producing and penning 'many' songs for RnB divas with 'delicious curves.'

Supa
-Ascap's Golden child...
Fade, did I reveal too much of myself? LOL

I WOULD GUESS, BUT U MIGHT BE OFFENDED BY THE NAMES I CAME UP WITH.

C

Carpe Diem

I wish i could rhyme... At times in the ride with my boys, we'll stick on a beat and a few will start freein, and i just get that urge to, but i got nothing to say!!! Grrr!!!

C

Carpe Diem

But i dont know what to write bout, where to start!!! Lol!!!