How many producers here used to rhyme?

C

Carpe Diem

lol thats just it... ive had a good life and upbringing, good education, never got into trouble!!! But suppose it would be nice to hear about positive lives rather than neg!!!

Peace

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
rhyme a bit mostly freestyles, but once in a blue moon i might make a beat that i feel is condusive to my rhyme style then a make a song.

but for the most part stick to beats now, rhyming sometimes seems very juvinile to me unless done really well.

M

MIKELABZ

if u feel u cant rhyme about your life b/c of certain reasons... then go political or maybe philosophical.

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeh i used to rhyme. i used to write alot of ish n it was ok, but since i got into beats i havnt realy wrote for ages. I think it would be gud to write sumtimes n produce myself, that wud be kool.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
Man, i used to love rhyming... And i wasn't bad at all, but it seems that i just can't do it anymore and now that my beats are on what i feel to be an "acceptable level." I want to start again... How many producers here used to rhyme? I miss them days of jackin the hottest instrumental from the internet and comin home from school to do a track with my cheap ass setup (Headphones for a mic, and acid 2.0)... Anyways it's like this, maybe some emcee's from illmuzik can help me on this one... When i'm writing or attemt to write it's like i just completely lose interest or i just judge myslef too much, u know what i mean? I don't want to sound like anyone else who rhymes but for some reason when i write i feel like im sounding too much like this cat or that cat, so i stop and just toss the rhymes... Honestly, i know i could be ill if i could just break this barrier but I just can't for some reason... Whats the problem here?

yea i know what your sayin man, i think thats a natural progression. i mean ive been ryhmin seriously now for about 3 years, and im just getting to the point where i am developing a style/ sound. but i mean overall ive been messing around with MC'in since i was a kid, and all my ryhmes started out basic and cheesy and etc etc. its really all about just doing it a lot and practicing, like hoppa said.

its the same way when you first hear yourself, most people are like what the hell? thats not me! that dude sounds wack ! it takes a bit to get used to your own voice and everything.

but to be honest, if your gonna try and MC dont half ass it, cause there are already to many fake ass wanna be MC's overpopulating the scene for others like myself who write a lot and are serious about making good music. good luck! p.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
chewbux said:
but to be honest, if your gonna try and MC dont half ass it, cause there are already to many fake ass wanna be MC's overpopulating the scene for others like myself who write a lot and are serious about making good music. good luck! p.

Yeah, i could never rap commercial... Although i sometimes make Super-commercial beats that if I heard i wouldn't listen to twice on purpose if it wasn't my beat... Im more of a concious emcee, rappin about real shit (not no backpacker either, i cant stand some of that shit, not to offend anyone)... I just take the vibe from the beat and go wit it, feel me? But i am writing now and hopefully this one will come out nice, i'll post it when im through, in the showcase..

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
Yeah, i could never rap commercial... Although i sometimes make Super-commercial beats that if I heard i wouldn't listen to twice on purpose if it wasn't my beat... Im more of a concious emcee, rappin about real shit (not no backpacker either, i cant stand some of that shit, not to offend anyone)... I just take the vibe from the beat and go wit it, feel me? But i am writing now and hopefully this one will come out nice, i'll post it when im through, in the showcase..

yea i know what you mean man, i try to blur the line between saying something and soundin nice. a lot of MC's go one way or the other. talkin about the deepest darkest fears and shit over some lame boring instrumentals, or either talkin shit about drugs and guns over some club banger shit.

but yea i look forward to hearin some shit man....

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
helix said:
I used to.
I had 7 or 8 notebooks filled cover-2-cover with rhymes. I only stopped cuz i was rhymin to much about guns and i feel like the last thing hip-hop needs right nnow is another kid rhymin bout guns.

THATS CUZ YoURE A LoOSE CANNoN.

RELEASE;

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A lot of the producers I know used to be emcees who wanted more control over their work, like they wanted to make dope beats for themselves to rhyme to. Funny thing is , they all stopped rhyming.

M

MIKELABZ

SuPa'PrOduZa said:
Offended? LOL...Sorry Mike, but I didn't get that.

I WAS SAYING I WOULD TRY TO GUESS AT WHO U ARE, BUT IF I GUESSED WRONG U MIGHT GET OFFENDED AT THE NAME I GUESSED U FOR.

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah i used to "try" to rap back in the days (1985-1989), not half bad from what my peers thought. And my boyz wuz'in afraid to tell a nigga he was whack!. Once I got my car I kinda put all music aside for awhile. Gettin' at dem bitches and hoes was my downfall. Then I started working with my friends' drum machine and never looked back. I went to recording engineering school. I should have been on da mic and promoting the parties that I was at all the time rather than trying to find the hoes up in it. But i ain't mad, production seems more comfortable to me. But who knows, maybe I could have been comfortable on da mic if I had stuck with it.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SuPa'PrOduZa said:
LMAO...damn, I feel old [and I'm not]. He said 'Jackin beats from the Internet.' Wow..when I started rhyming, I was a Kid bangin' beats along side Premo , Diamond D and Pete Rock n'nem ::now THOSE were the days::

Hip Hop is all in me. I write rhyms still. Mostly 'ghost writing' for gun totin' dudes who sell millions. I'm also a songwriter producing and penning 'many' songs for RnB divas with 'delicious curves.'

Supa
-Ascap's Golden child...
Fade, did I reveal too much of myself? LOL

Sha is dat you?...

As for me I used to rap I was and still am damn good @ it. I grew up in the ghetto.. But I don't pimp hoes, I don't sell drugs, I don't tote guns etc... (Don't get it twisted tho im str8t hood).. So I stopped rapping cause I refuse to rap about shit I don't do.
And if you not rapin about that no 1 wanna hear you..... I definately aint into dat defjux mf doom backpacker stle so I aint even goin in dat direction.... Besides I hate how my voice sounds anyway...

I think being a ex rapper makes you abetter producer (producer not beat maker) cause your able to guide artists and coach them as far as song structure etc....

M

MIKELABZ

DJFANTOM said:
Sha is dat you?...

As for me I used to rap I was and still am damn good @ it. I grew up in the ghetto.. But I don't pimp hoes, I don't sell drugs, I don't tote guns etc... (Don't get it twisted tho im str8t hood).. So I stopped rapping cause I refuse to rap about shit I don't do.
And if you not rapin about that no 1 wanna hear you..... I definately aint into dat defjux mf doom backpacker stle so I aint even goin in dat direction.... Besides I hate how my voice sounds anyway...

I think being a ex rapper makes you abetter producer (producer not beat maker) cause your able to guide artists and coach them as far as song structure etc....

I GOTTA DISAGREE. THERES MORE OF A MARKET FOR THE PHILOSOPHICAL RAPPER NOWADAYS, ITS NOT JUST ABOUT DRUGS, MONEY, AND GUNS. TRUE ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE GETTING TIRED OF THE SAME OLD GANGSTA RAPPERS, A DIFFERENT APPROACH GETS MUCH RESPECT.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea i agree as well. i mean not that i base anything that i say around if theres a market for it or not, cause personally im not concerned either way...BUT, i know from a personal standpoint i will check someones music out or appreciate it more if they are sayin something different and something thats real. maybe some people wanna hear about drugs and guns, or whatever, but not me. id rather hear someone rap about sittin on their couch or some shit to be honest.

members online