How much £'s u spent on production?

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
After reading a post about who has the most expensive set-up I was thinking how much I’ve spent, and worst still are there any regrets?

I have just approximated how much I have spent on my endeavours to be a hip hop producer/artist.

Since the end of 99 to date I have spent £2,500 but this does not include the cost of records.

Here is a lil break down (its in chronological order, ending with the most recent purchase the portable turntable):

Data Becker Music centre =30
DJ 2000 = 30
Acid Sonic Foundry –hip hop edition (don’t laff) =30
Soundbank = 30
SB live= 150
Boss DR202 = 220
Zoom Sampletrack = 220
Audio tech mic =100
6 Sample cd’s = 330
Boss VF- 1 = 300
Cables = 50
Boss Sp505 = 350
VC3Q = 140
Bush turntable= 60
On-line samples = 170
Zoom MRS-4 = 170
Vestax handytrax = 95

Total spent approx on equipment = 2500

Plus, Records= £500

Grand total = £3000

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What do u guys think? Can u point out any items that u think I regret? I mean it was all a learning process and I feel my understanding is deeper as a result but that wasted cash would be useful, lol.

£3000 in total since the end of 99 aint as out of control as I thought, cos ive seen heard about a lot of kids who spend a lot more and do a lot less they just wanna have the most complex set-up, to give them something to do.

However considering how poor I am, I could of got a flash car and some bling clothes, maybe a holiday or two .lol

Sometimes I think is it all worth it? but I enjoy it, its challenging, exciting when I make dope shit every now and again and it helps keep my mind healthy so ima keep on.

Even though I probably will not make a career out of it, cos my style aint really in keeping with current trends, but my goal is make music I like.
Plus I am improving all the time but im pretty much done buying equipment for the foreseeable future all I want now is a mini-keyboard like a microkorg or something.

peace