Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
M!nd_Ctrl said:
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos109.htm

IMO you should get a degree that will work in the real world like a Business or Computer Science degree then get an apprenticeship somewhere.

Good luck.

cosign.

im majring in business this fall, having the same plan as u.. u just have to remember.. rappers dont care bout a phd in music.. make sure u have a degree u can fall backon

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
M!nd_Ctrl said:
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos109.htm

IMO you should get a degree that will work in the real world like a Business or Computer Science degree then get an apprenticeship somewhere.

Good luck.

Nice advice, while music is my passion and dream,
im also real, so i got my bachlors and masters degree in Computer Science/MIS,
Its my EDUCATION not my music that has allowed me to

travel the world,
move to NYC
buy the equipment i want
live how i want
pursue my music,
be comfertable and pursue other goals

While alot of my peers with the same dreams are living at home with their moms casue they never took their ass to school, or are tens of thousands of dollars in debt casue they went to an audio school that charged out the ass and dident give them any real world skills

My 2 cents

but yea, the salaries vary on experince & genere for audio engineers

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Sanova said:
cosign.

im majring in business this fall, having the same plan as u.. u just have to remember.. rappers dont care bout a phd in music.. make sure u have a degree u can fall backon

True. Thanks. The link was real nice man, good looks on that. That's what I'm gonna do. Take some business classes in High School and then look into it more when I get to college. What specific area of business would you study though to get more interaction with the music industry?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Personally I'm thinkin about Business Management/Entrepeneurial Studies.

I'm tryna run my own busines,, whether it be a record label, production company, or my already running Web Design company. All the while doing music

O

open mind

Sanova said:
Personally I'm thinkin about Business Management/Entrepeneurial Studies.

I'm tryna run my own busines,, whether it be a record label, production company, or my already running Web Design company. All the while doing music
sounds great.good luck nova

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
im in the navy in training to become an electrical operator on a nuclear power plant

O

open mind

diskrete said:
im in the navy in training to become an electrical operator on a nuclear power plant
:eek: fo real? damn take care homie.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
I own my on studio and since i have a business license i can do alot more to. I work at Dial America and will be in school in like two months for Audio Engineering. So far everything is going good for me. BUT I HAVE NO DEGREE yet. So if u play your cards right u can beat the system. Also ima HUSTLA!! Yeah!! You betta ask somebody baby!!!

Nicole

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Im a CIA assassin ! Doop! Whasnt supposed to tell... Now I got to kill all of ya...

Good advice Classic , wish someone would've told me that long ago!!

Diskrete you should get plenty of work around here ...
What do we have like 3 of those within NC and SC all in this area?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ive always though about it like... nothings going to happen with this music shit. Plan for it to be a hobby for ya whole life, since odds are it will be. That way your not fucked over when/if it doesnt work out.

and that way, anything you get out of it is a bonus.

Im starting school in a few weeks, majoring in journalism/advertising. Gonna use my writing and design skills to get me a high paying job, to support my music habit.

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No offence... but you're all talking about going to school and there's some major spelling problems here....

O

open mind

PHV said:
No offence... but you're all talking about going to school and there's some major spelling problems here....
now how lame is this? thats how u threat ColossusBeatfix? he is a family member
dont ********* him.

here is what u deserve no offense but you think that you ************
***************,*****,***************,********************************!!!!!!!!!!

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well, I'd tell any family member who wants to pursue education that spelling is a part of it. If you handed in a paper to any professor at any school anywhere on the planet and the grammar and syntax were anything like the above, then you'd hear a lot worse. I know this is a hip hop site and the way we write isn't that important, but you can kind of tell when people just don't know how to spell something and when they're just being easy.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
open mind said:
now how lame is this? thats how u threat ColossusBeatfix? he is a family member
dont ********* him.

here is what u deserve no offense but you think that you ************
***************,*****,***************,********************************!!!!!!!!!!
LOL I was gonna say somthing to Sanova about marjring ini spelling but I declined, very good, you should be an editor!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
PHV said:
Damn I meant this quote!! Cursed thread!!!

AND I know my spelling sux, partly because of where I work ALL I read are spelling errors and bad grammar and it starts to wear on you after awhile...

How much do they make? $5

O

open mind

Relic said:
LOL I was gonna say somthing to Sanova about marjring ini spelling but I declined, very good, you should be an editor!
LMFAO!

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's alright man... Nas can't spell for shit but his ideas are huge and very important in American culture. I'm just saying, if you going to go to school, spelling will be important.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
To clear the record, i can spell. This guy is a character. . . He points out grammatical errors on an INTERNET message board. Nigga, we are typing rapidly so we can move on with our regular lives. We're tryna have a decent converstaion about edumucation and you roll in waving your giant stick of judgement. You aint Roosevelt bitch, put that stick away.

Also, Sanova and PHV are officially beefing now, just off that little remark. You old no-vowel, acronym having, webster's dictionary reciting, Types correctly on the internet but couldn't type an essay for shit, virgin ass.

It's alright man... Nas can't spell for shit
Also to be grammatically correct; That ellipsis you used should have a space in betwixt each period, because it signifies ommited words while seperating two sentences. Come now, step your game up, you "pompous blow-hard" (in the words of my man Frasier).

Good day, sir.

I say Good Day!

edit: my bad Fade, don't close the thread, I'll stop my tirade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online