How much would an average beat machiene run me for?

M

Marco

How much would an average beat machiene run me for? I got like $150

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
there is no such thing as a average beat-machine! You can choose between software-production or hardware-production, both is expensive.... Software Programms like fruityLoops cot arround 400$ (?) and things like an MPC cost like 1000$ (used)

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The old version (fruity loops 3) costs arround 200 and I think that this ne "fruity studio" thang or whatever is more expensive... but I don't know....

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
$150 won't get you anything good -- you might have to come up with some more green

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by Marco
fuck fruity loops....I had It before...

People try to help you out and give you alternatives cause the amount you mentioned is a little short...and that's all you can say...???

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
look like somebody had some frustrations with fruity -- lol

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ay...marko!!! well, i understand that you dont like fruity loops. i have been doing this for around 5 years, with some hefty breaks in between because i didnt have my equipment. (i had to pawn my first setup a few times.) so in the last year God has blessed me with some good equipment and i have managed to go from an sp 202 and dr 202 to an mpc 2000, and in that same year between me and my partner we have owned a roland xp-80, triton le, roland xp-80 and finally i have a real heavy hitter in my motif rack. so...... what did i do when i didnt have equipment? MTV Music Generator became my best friend!!!!!!! some of us got dues to pay before we get the best. i dont really care for software all that much but i certainly wouldnt scoff at it if i couldnt afford what i wanted.

you need to do a few things. one, you should stop being rude when people try to help you, because we dont know you hate it. this site doesnt tolerate those things. i know other sites do BUT WE DONT.
second, learn to get good on what you can get for now because it will pay off greatly later. trust me, youll understand when it happens!

anyhow for a hundered and fifty, just look on ebay and the recycler and classifieds online..... dont even bother looking for anything new. if you want just drums, zoom makes one for like 119. look up american musical supply because you can get things on payments. i am guessing you are under 18 tho.....

so, sorry for the half page response guys. i really am trying to use shorter posts!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
ditto (what Truth said...) by the way Truth, I thought I was the only person in the world that owned a dr-202...hahahahahaha

holla,--dac

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yup. my friend has it now. i hate that thing... the sound is ok but very good for the price. plus the effects that are on it are real good- i never figured the whole thing out because it does have a lot but it sucks to make whole tracks with on its own...

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by milLion
$150 won't get you anything good -- you might have to come up with some more green

LOL!!!!!! 150 wont get him anything at all....If you really want hardware apply for a musicans friend credit card they'll start you off with $2500 or more

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i was trying to be nice about it -- lol -- but yeah -- you ain't got nothing coming with a bill fifty -- lol

K

Kourto

what is the mpc? i never know this, it is a sampler? cause i know his price and ouffff, around 1500$!! i hope than is very good lol!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Mpc is a midi production center...It's a sampler drum machine(without any sounds) and you have to midi ins and 2 midi outs on the 2000 xl but on the 3000 I think it's 4 ins and 4 outs and the 4000 is just awsome but it's a machine that probally has the best sequencer of them all it comes with a standard 21.9 seconds of sample time and you can hook anything up to via midi you can get a memory upgrade fully blown it's about I'm not quite sure but it's around 300-400 seconds of samle time

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
once you have whatever sounds you want in it you can do whatever you want with it make melodies it has a lot of features on it you can do a lot with that you can't do with other machines

K

Kourto

nice, and the last question is... we can use it as sampler?
and what is the price for a old mcp2000?