How often do you make purchases?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Software, hardware, or just drum packs?

I'm just curious because since there's always some sort of new software upgrade or a new piece of hardware coming out every day. Plus, all the drum packs available everywhere, do you make purchases often?

And do regular bills (aka "life") get in the way of making purchases towards music production?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Reason rack extensions, waves plugins, sound ware etc. computer hardware. They sort of thing. I'm in a weird income thing right now that I have basically a few thousand of free money a year because of tax stuff so I literally spend it or lose it.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i dont tbh.... best to learn what you have got IMO - limitation is creativity's father.... its how you hone your own sound....

Saying that tho... i used to dig A LOT, but i dont really anymore... so yea. learn what you have.... im still fucking rocking reason 4.0 ffs... although i do use Reaper as well....

OriginalNoGuru

Struggles of Dad - by OldBones - due Dec 2016
Christmas and Birthdays.
And as I just got a year older I picked up a Presonus FaderPort and a Novation Impulse49 to replace my Korg MicroKey37...

Gotta big up wifey for the cash and the note that said "Buy some of that MIDI stuff you like"

Gonna try an blag a Soundcard with more ins and outs around Christmas...

OriginalNoGuru

I figure vinyl doesn't count despite it being (for me) a production essential?!

OriginalNoGuru