How often do you scrap beats?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I was working on smoething this morning that I thought that would sound tough...but when I was putting it together..it didn't quite sound right...

I was tempted to just not save it...but saved it anyway...

I have done joints and never saved them because they didn't work for me.....

Lately I've been doing that frequently..I just set expectations for myself with every beat...

I'm pretty OCD when it comes to that...if it doesn't sound good to me in the beginning, I don't save it...at all...

What do you guys do??

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
the same .. i usually trash it. Im not sure if its the right thing to do tho. Im finding that nowadays I need more beats than I have. when a few years ago I had all these beats and nowhere for them to go. I now know why Kanye outsources. Its tough being an artist and producer at the same time. its tough for me and Im a nobody! (for now)

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I save everything I do because somthing has to be decent like drums or maybe sample but drums suck so i save everything and then some time later i come back and be like whoa thats not to bad when did i do that and then a year or so when i listen to it again i might be in a better mood or better at my craft to add or make it sound just right .... But most of time i just save cause i do drums first and most of time love the drum sounds or pattern ....

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i usually trash it. Im not sure if its the right thing to do tho.

Same here. I sometimes regret not saving something an hour later.

I save everything I do because somthing has to be decent like drums or maybe sample but drums suck so i save everything and then some time later i come back.

I will do this most of the time if I see potential in the future. I sometimes just make a sample out of what I made and save it as a single audio file for later use.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i usually hold on to stuff for months... if u have alot of space to save i dont see why not... when i cant think of anything new, then i'll go thru them, to see if anything will spark an idea... that's usually when things get scrapped and deleted.

da relic

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
im super OCD over my beats. the way it sounds, drums knocking, samples,arrangements, etc.

sometimes i will open a file for 5 mins, hop to something else, come back, hop to something else. bounce, come back, drink a beer, crush, come back, etc.....

so i save EVERYTHING. if you got the space, y not. if you dont, GET THE SPACE, external hard drives r dumb cheap nowadays.

theres gotta be SOME sound/idea that inspired you to start.... that is what you should concentrate on....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I Save everything! I Dont always feel like makin a full track, so having ideas down already, usually workout best for how I'm feelin!

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i save everythng, but i ned more space tho. but half the time i hate my beats but my mc thinks there dope its weird. but hey if he likes it why not

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
.... and Puff didnt even want B.I.G. to use Preemo's beat that became "Kick in the door"... that alone should tell u to save what u can.

da relic

Actually he didn't want the beat until he heard BIG spit on it. He told Premo that he was fallin off....LMAO..

He's probably the ONLY DUDE IN THE WORLD that can tell him that and he can accept it..