How to add more inputs to a PCI Card? Emu Claims 18 inputs, please explain...

• beat this! voting starts in...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"24-bit/192kHz PCI Interface 18 Inputs, 20 Outputs, Sync, MIDI and FireWire®
Emulator X ships with comprehensive I/O and sync, featuring mastering-grade 120dB SNR converters, two TFPro™ mic preamps, a turntable input (w/ ground and RIAA preamp), 2 sets of MIDI I/O and a host of other analog and digital I/O, as well as Word Clock, SMPTE and MTC sync".

they say they have 18 inputs, i dont know how that works, if anyone can explain what that means exactly i would appreciate it.

it has, physically, 8 inputs (including the 2 preamps) but if i wanted an extra, say, 8 mixable inputs, is there any way to do that? a mixer would simply turn cubase into a mixdown deck, unless i recorded one track at a time, but i would like to record live drums as well, and i would need to be able to mix each channel seperately.....

how would this work, exactly?

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Emulator X ships with PatchMix DSP- software that delivers 32 channels of zero latency hardware mixing and monitoring with a flexible virtual patchbay- no external mixer needed. Maybe that will answer your question. But it sounds like you should get another sound card if want to use 8 inputs at once. I guess the I/O is switchable via the software.

E

Equality 7-2521

i think they count L and R as 2 inputs for each channel?

im gonna be getting the 1820 (not the M version) pretty soon. the sepcs are fuckin sick.

D

dubkutter

DID you count the ADAT input/Output thats another 8 for in and out

CArlos