How to create a new midi instrument from individual notes

John1992

Hi

I'm sure that there is a simple solution, but I can't find it...
I've downloaded a sample pack of mellotron sounds, and they are organized in folders with the names of the notes as you can see in the image,
and I'm wondering if there is a quick way to load them all into a new midi instrument.

Thanks for help, and here is also the link for the sounds if you're interested -

Battle Points: 153
Yo John,

From what i understand..these are one shot sounds, you will have to load these into a sampler to make them able to play. Just one sound will do it to be able to play chords with it.
Ive never loaded a seperate sample for each key, but might be possible perhaps. But stick to loading one sound at a time for now.

One of the comments when you scroll down regarding your question:

Yes, they’re simple wav-files that can be used in any DAW. Simply drag and drop them into Live 7. Either into an audio track or into a Simpler or Sampler.

Find out whats the name of the sampler used within your DAW. And how to load up samples/one-shots (this can be mp3/wav all kinds of extensions)

Hope this is clear to understand for ya.

Goodluck (y)

ps: Most DAW's already have mellotrons implemented in their instrument arsenal. Did you check for those first?

Last edited:

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Like @LiveLargeBeats said, you need to load the samples into a sampler.

Here's the sampler's name for each major daw if you use one :

Reason : NNXT or NN19
Cubase : Halion
FL studio : DirectWave
Logic Pro : EXS24/Sampler
Studio One : Presence XT

If you don't, you need a standalone sampler, like Native Instrument's Kontakt. There are probably free alternatives.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
You do it in a Sampler.

In Studio One I'd use SampleOne instead as presence requires a paid upgrade to edit.

You map each note in the pack across the keyboard in your sampler. You'll have to YouTube mapping samples in your sampler of choice.

It's roughly as easy as just mapping each note to the relevant piano key.

Battle Points: 153
Yeah np John :LOL:

f u middle finger GIF by Midland