how to eq DJ Premier kind a snares ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

open mind

how to eq, filter or effect dj premier kind a like KICKS n SNARES ?

ps:i dont wanna sample his drums! i want to create them myself i just wanna know the TECHNIC to get that result.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Eq!

EQing your kicks is a good option to give em some thump.. u can boost the 100 - 130 hz area to give em some thump and bottom...

But if u want to duplicate DJ premiers kicks u need to have the exact same samples premier used.. cus u practically can't EQ a different kick to sound like another.. u can try to manipulate a sound but it won't sound the same..

So i would say try to find the same samples premiers using and then EQ em to get the same result..

Good luck..

Peace

O

open mind

post your eq frequences not just in the middle low or high or wuteve the range is to big lazy i need numbers.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
bigrob said:
its about snare in this threat the other is the KICK threat.u seem confused.lol

dont do DRUGZ!

Dude what's with the hostility man, i'm trying to help u out here man... and could've asked em both in 1 question... but neva mind that..

Just try and u'll see... if u want to add some Slap to ur snares u can boost the higher middle frequencies a little bit... then they will sound a little sharper..

Plus try to compress ur snares and kicks to make em hit harder..!! Look around on the forums and on google there's plenty to find bout this..

Good look man..

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
This thread could be closed as well. Lazy Eyes gave bignoob a perfect respone, but I guess it wasn't enough.

First of all, I don't really think that Premier has a defined snare sound, so it would be hard to say which of his sounds you mean. Secondly, stop flooding the forums with this stuff man.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
listen to a dj premier snare, then go get a similar sounding sample, it won't be hard to find theres loads of similar sounding stuff then just play with EQ to get it to how you want it to sound ! its pretty simple...

O

open mind

MarkN said:
listen to a dj premier snare, then go get a similar sounding sample, it won't be hard to find theres loads of similar sounding stuff then just play with EQ to get it to how you want it to sound ! its pretty simple...

thats bullshit ! i need NUMBERS for setting the eq

T

The Bastard

bigrob said:
what are you a faggot? want us to change yur diaper too? there aint no numbers or special settings for a premiere snare, u fuck wit the eq till it sounds right, how dare you

kbthakingpin

ill o.g.
The Bastard said:
what are you a faggot? want us to change yur diaper too? there aint no numbers or special settings for a premiere snare, u fuck wit the eq till it sounds right, how dare you

LMAO. Hella word. WTF kinda question was this to begin with ? I mean your question was answered and you thought it would be sumpthin easy.. I kno what your lookin for...

If you have FL 6 looks for the "CLEB EFFECT" & Select the dj premier preset.

That should do it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
C'mon guys ease up.

BigRob, c'mon you can't actually expect someone to tell you what dial settings to use to get a certain sound, that's just ridiculous. You asked your question and they tried to answer, nuff said.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
boost 113.5 hz approx 2db, 100.045 approx 1db, and then lower the whole 300-400 hz range about 5 db, and thats a premo kick.

T

The Bastard

ColossusBeatfix said:
boost 113.5 hz approx 2db, 100.045 approx 1db, and then lower the whole 300-400 hz range about 5 db, and thats a premo kick.
then do s a negatibve 5 mother fucjkkkkkkkaaaaaaaazzz

O

open mind

ColossusBeatfix said:
thats exactly what i looked for thanx

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
bigrob said:

NO you question is bullshit ! you can't give eq frequency number for making a kick sound like a premo kick when you don't even know the original sound your using !
i think some people want there beats made for them..... use your ears !

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont see whats wrong with sampling Premier's snare if you like the way the snare sounds. I do it all the time. I made an awesome kit from the last Roots cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.