How to get that kind of sounds??

MeLoDrUmMaDiLL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hi...The question i'm askin is a bit stupid..sorry..but i really need to know..

Can we make SOULFUL beats without sampling? Can we? How?

& How to make soulful beats with sampling n all??..i just dun get it....:)

Peace :)

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Learn what the buttons and nobs on your synths do. Once you get good enough you will be able to reacreate sounds. Do some research on what years are good for sampling such music and start digging. You have to practice alot the better you get the easier it will be

N.A.R.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Soulful beats

U can def make soulful beats w/o sampling....What I try to do is when it comes to souland not mainstream....is use piano....this is the 1 instrument when it somes to soulful music that u can go wrong with....

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yea definitly, the piano is a good one. Also if you can get someone to play some riffs for you with live instruments. That would be sampling though. Horns are always good, guitars, nice drums. All of these you can get on say, a triton. I have one, i don't try for soul i rely on sampling for that . I know if played correctly, it could be done.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
rhodes! alot of soul music got rhodes. learn to play some soul tracks on the keyboard and learn how the chords progress etc. listen to alot of soul music , which am tryina do and this will definately help alot! trust me, ive only been tryin to listen to it alot for a week and am bashin out new melodies and chord progressions already. so many ideas are comin out that am havin to put beat makin on hold cuz its takin up too much of my study time and theres so many samples ive now created that are just sittin there. back to topic, dont be afraid to use synthy electronic sounds, as long as the organic feel of the beat is still there.

members online