How to make 100$ per month?

TG021

my beats are not the greatest and not the worst, theyre pretty average!
i need to make atleast 100$ per month. i was wondering how can i do that?
i tried audiojungle but they didnt submit my beat for some reason its still queued for review after a week probably!!
i dont know what to do?! is there any otherway that i can do this? like some free platform or something?

u didnt need to be a dick about it did you?
Im not being a dick, Im doing you a favour. Ive been making beats for over 20 years, do you want to know how much Ive made from selling beats in 20 years.... £50
Yes, 50 fucking quid. If you want money, get a job, Im not being a dick, Im just being honest with you.

Ive earned £400,000 from my job in that same time

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you really want to sell beats you have to know that there's no guarantee that someone will buy your beats.

First, you're competing with tons of other beatmakers all trying to sell their beats too. So you need to stand out. That could mean having a catchy name, and of course really good beats. But then there's another issue - do you make "type beats" or do something really unique? These are some of the things you have to consider.

But even if you do all that and your beats are really dope, you still have to get people to your beat selling page which means you need to spend on advertising. Otherwise your beats will just sit there on a beat selling website and no one will know about it.

Another thing though is I know of a lot of beatmakers that sell beats simply through social media like Twitter and Instagram. I would go with those, but even then, you still have to build up a decent amount of followers plus you have to network and interact with a lot of people in order to get noticed. Don't just post a beat preview each day, you have to actually reply to people and comment on their stuff too. Eventually you'll end up networking with rappers and then take it from there.

I make a little over $200 / month (after taxes). For me, YouTube is the only thing that's worked. Submitting beats places hasn't worked unless I'm just seeking feedback (I like competitions as well, those can be fun). If you're real serious about getting your stuff out there, you've got a build credits and / or just pull up to studios.

The most I've had someone pay for a beat was $150.This after 3 years of producing. Happened last month :)

YouTube money is very consistent as well, which is a big thing, I can count on that money every month. As an almost full time entrepreneur (I have other businesses as well), I can't emphasize enough how important consistency and growth is.

Good luck mate!

@slimegreenbeats For Youtube, people are reaching out that way like in the comments or something? I've noticed a lot more beatmakers posting their stuff up. Any issues with YT's stupid copyright stuff?
I rely purely on adsense. Even as someone that gets over 130k views / month, I rarely if ever get people trying to buy beats.

I dont really make selling beats my focus, which to a degree is why I've had some success.

I still to this day have no idea how to price beats, & I dont know / like to email market either (which every heavy beat salesman will tell you is essential).

If you use a sample, expect some random company like Airbit or CD baby to intervene. I dont use samples for that reason.

Also... don't listen to this youtube motherf#$kers saying: How I've made 10000$ selling beats....It's bullshit :)
Bro lmao anything is possible. They really might, its just like dang you really have to be on god level in both marketing and beat making. Out of every beat maker, like .1% makes like 99% of the profits.

Those YouTubers making commercials need to be smacked tho I 100% agree.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Find @slimegreenbeats some dedicated artists not in it for the bitches, hoes, thots, etc. and make sure they have a legit 9-to-5 aka no Trappin' out their Mama house til Feds do a sweep type fools!

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Bro lmao anything is possible. They really might, its just like dang you really have to be on god level in both marketing and beat making. Out of every beat maker, like .1% makes like 99% of the profits.

Those YouTubers making commercials need to be smacked tho I 100% agree.
They are essentialy just fighting for your click...I mean I'm for sure sucker for those...10000$ for three monts, well lets see what he has to say, and it's almost always complete waste of time...

TG021

for all of yall that told me to get a job, i have a job, i am a translator but i like to switch, been making beats for 8 years now, and i just wanted to start monetizing my music, ive tried youtube, but getting that first 1k or 10k views to sign contract with them is super hard for me for some reason, and probably yall already know when u aint signed that contract youtube wont recommend your videos which means you get no views, unless you beg people to view your shit!! if you have any suggestion on how to get that first 10k views let me know.
again i am not desperate for a job, but i want that kickstart to switch, and 100$ where i live is a 9-5 salary

its crazy right? even in a team we walk alone
I find that to be much more true in the age of narcissistic social networking than it ever was 20 years ago.

Too many are in it not for the love, but for the fast money that really isnt fast. I dont think those at the beginning of the musical journey realise that if its money they want, then to work hard towards a career that pays decent money, keeping music as a side hobby until you start finding success. My biggest problem has always been marketing myself, you could have the best beats in the world but if nobody hears them then you never get anywhere.

To be successful in anything you really need to grind, unless you are well connected and you are lucky enough that opportunities fall from the sky right into your lap, but everyone else has to grind to make that money. Thats the main reason for my initial reply. In the real world of rent and putting food on the table a decent job has to be the priority, because it funds the software and equipment that takes your music to a stage where you can sell it. If the job doesnt pay well enough then consider training up for a better career where you can afford to eat and have a roof over your head. Its a matter of priorities. Real talk for the real world. I didnt realise op had 8 years under his belt already so isnt a straight noob, although the question came across that way

for all of yall that told me to get a job, i have a job, i am a translator but i like to switch, been making beats for 8 years now, and i just wanted to start monetizing my music, ive tried youtube, but getting that first 1k or 10k views to sign contract with them is super hard for me for some reason, and probably yall already know when u aint signed that contract youtube wont recommend your videos which means you get no views, unless you beg people to view your shit!! if you have any suggestion on how to get that first 10k views let me know.
again i am not desperate for a job, but i want that kickstart to switch, and 100$ where i live is a 9-5 salary
Yes getting over the 1000 subs mark is a challenge. Right now I'm chasing 10k. Which is essentially the same goal. Then it's gonna be 100k, then 1M.

That's how YouTube goal setting is, it's all a game.

If you really want that YouTube money it's there.

& my goodness the one thing I say and say strong is this:

This industry is not that competitive.

I quit doing SEO services because that industry is harder and much more boring. This industry is great, it's fair, it's laid-back, it's really not that hard. It's just a game, and you have to be willing to commit to a long term goal.

And ignore all people that say this or that is impossible. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.